Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales tax calculations incorrect.

Thanks for checking, Tick.

No, I have only one tax zone defined. Yes, I'm running 1.3.7; I was going to try to go live and then upgrade to 1.3.8. Does 1.3.8 handle sales tax correctly in both of the 2 instances I cited today? Doing 1.3.8 will require upgrading COWOA as well, since the COWOA code is different, but maybe I need to consider it.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hedera View Post
    Thanks for checking, Tick.

No, I have only one tax zone defined. Yes, I'm running 1.3.7; I was going to try to go live and then upgrade to 1.3.8. Does 1.3.8 handle sales tax correctly in both of the 2 instances I cited today? Doing 1.3.8 will require upgrading COWOA as well, since the COWOA code is different, but maybe I need to consider it.
    I believe it calculates correctly in both instances. You are referring to the cart calculation and the order total, correct? I've attached a screenshot so we can be sure we're on the same page.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's correct - and mine isn't. I'm reviewing the upgrade instructions for getting to 1.3.8, I think that's what I have to do, sigh.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

Is there any progress for this problem (in V1.3.7)?

Plugin Contributions

I regret to say that there is no support for this problem in 1.3.8. I upgraded my site yesterday, and today I ran the test order for 10 items at $6 each. The tax is still calculated at $5.20 instead of $5.25. I thought this was supposed to be fixed in 1.3.8. I will apply the 3 digit patch, but I thought the new version was supposed to fix this.

This is really discouraging, folks. I can't go live like this.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hedera View Post
    I regret to say that there is no support for this problem in 1.3.8. I upgraded my site yesterday, and today I ran the test order for 10 items at $6 each. The tax is still calculated at $5.20 instead of $5.25. I thought this was supposed to be fixed in 1.3.8. I will apply the 3 digit patch, but I thought the new version was supposed to fix this.
    Ok, we have two possibilities:

1. I did not reproduce the steps of your test accurately.
    2. Something is different between my stock install of Zen and your setup.

I think I reproduced your test correctly. Do you have any addons installed that affect product pricing? Are your includes/functions/functions_prices.php and includes/functions/functions_taxes.php files exactly the same as the ones in a stock Zen release? Do you display prices with Tax included? (I did not on my stock site.)

Have you tried setting up a stock installation of Zen and seeing if your test works?

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, the test is pretty simple. My upgrade didn't produce a "stock" install, as I'm being pushed to bring the site live, and I tried to get everything up together.

I'll have to check the 2 files you mention. I have got a "stock" install on my local drive, it just isn't what I loaded. I don't display prices with tax included.

I have 2 add-ons installed: the Checkout Without Account add-on, which shouldn't come anywhere NEAR product pricing; and the Better Together add-on, which allows me to "link" a product in category A with all the products in category B, so that if someone orders the A product and any of the 5 products in B, the A product is free. The reason I don't think that's the cause is that you install Better Together by loading 3 net new files, and there's no overlap with the files you mention. In fact, I'm quite sure I've never done anything with the

/includes/functions

directory at all.

I hate to have to do another install to check this but I may have to.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

Tick,
    Just verifying. I went downstairs and checked the "stock" files against the files on my site. These two files:

includes/functions/functions_prices.php
    includes/functions/functions_taxes.php

are identical in my cart and in the stock directory.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

I just ran the test again with the same (wrong) result. Here it is in detail, in case we're assuming different things:

I have a single tax zone, California, with a tax rate of 8.75%. My cart has 11 different items, each costing $6. (On www.liferingtest.com it's the items under "Brochures.") I place an order, from a California address, for 1 copy each of 10 of these items (to make the math easier). Total cost is $60. Total tax should be $5.25 ($6 times .0875 is $ .0525), but is calculated as $5.20.

Please note: if I ordered 10 copies of 1 of these items, also for a total of $60, the tax would be correct. The larger the single line order amount, the more likely the tax calculation will be correct. The problem with my test is that each line item is only $6.

I also have a situation where if you order 2 items, the "Bylaws" (under Books) and the "Brochure Sampler" (under Brochures), the total taxable cost of the item is $1 (Bylaws is $1 and the sampler is free with any Book - that's Better Together at work). The tax here should be $ .09 ($ .0875, rounded) and it calculates as $ .08, because the stupid program doesn't round.

I'd hate to have to raise the prices just to get the tax to calculate correctly; that's very bad juju.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Sales tax calculations incorrect.

For the record, I am having the same issue and since I just now noticed it, it's costing me over $1000 in uncollected taxes due to the miscalculation.

It doesn't seem like it should be a hard modification for the zen cart team to address.

Here is an example order from our site:

Item 1: $43.65
    Item 2: $24.20
    Item 3: $19.35

Sub-Total: $87.20
    Priority Mail (2 - 3 days): $6.40
    10% Coupon: -$8.72
    Tax: $4.39
    Total: $89.27

As you can see, the collected tax was only $4.39, but it should have been $87.20 minus the $8.72 discount = $78.48 x 0.0725 = $5.69 tax!

Can't this issue be resolved?!?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast