Plugin Contributions

Default Where did my products go?

I created my store using zen-cart on a test server and once I had everything working and looking the way I wanted then I uploaded it to my new host. I followed the tutorial = 99 regarding this exact same matter but my site is still now working properly. My heading, logo and most of the customized design appear okay but none of my products or ezpages show up. Also when I go to the Admin section none of my information is there.

If anyone has ANY suggestions I would like to hear from you. I'm very new to all of this, in the past I have only done email, ebay and searched the internet, everything else is new to me. I was very excited to get this far and I've learned a lot in these past two weeks but I'm now to the point that I'm frustrated and stuck.

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time and effort to help me!

If it helps you can view my site: www.wds-usa.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where did my products go?

When you followed the tutorial, did you follow the steps for the database backup and restore?

If your products are missing, then it's likely that you didn't do the database restore.

Or, maybe you did a restore but you missed the one-liner warning to be sure to use the same table-prefix in the live site as you used in the test site. To find out, look up the DB_PREFIX in your test site's configure.php file. Then make sure the DB_PREFIX in your live site is the same. Otherwise it's pulling all its data from a completely different set of tables ... thus the missing data.