Plugin Contributions

Default changes to custom stylesheet not shown

Hi, I'm a newbie to ZC, and hope to find some help on getting my changes to custom stylesheet to work. I must be missing something obvious somewhere. Your guidance will be very much appreciated.

I've made changes to my custom stylesheet, viewing on the firefox web developer's tools, shows it is using custom stylesheet. However, any changes i made on this stylesheet just don't seem to be saved onto the stylesheet on site. Is it my browser cache or server cache thing? Or am i missing something obvious somewhere? I just can't seem to get my changes to the css stylesheet to be reflected on the actual site in browsers. When I open the stylesheet via dreamweaver, the changes are saved on remote site. The stylesheet changes are there. But the changes just don't show up on the browser, nor on the stylesheet shown on the Firefox CSS viewing tools? The images on the #logowrapper also don't show up on browsers, firefox and IE both.

Should I post the link here?
    Here're the changes:

#logoWrapper {
    margin: 0em;
    padding: 0em;
    height:110px;
    width: 756px;
    height:150px;
    background-image: url(../../custom/images/header_bg.jpg);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;

it keep going back to:

#logoWrapper {
    margin: 0em;
    padding: 0em;
    height:100px;
    }

Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: changes to custom stylesheet not shown

I have tried to refresh the screen a thousand times, shut off my pc, rebooted, waited overnight, etc. All to no avail.

Today, I tried to save the stylesheet under the classic folder, and it showed the changes, when i select classic at the admin control. hmm... does that mean somewhere some php files i need to change? please help.

Plugin Contributions

Im not sure if I understand the issue correctly, but you know that any change you made on FF developer tool is NOT saved to the real file?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

If you post a link, we can take a look with Firefox for you. My guess is that the changes weren't saved. I don't use Dreamweaver, so I don't know exactly what you're looking at when you open the stylesheet.

Edit - I didn't see this - Today, I tried to save the stylesheet under the classic folder, and it showed the changes

Now it sounds like you don't have your template override folders set up right, or you're saving the css file to the wrong folder.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Stevesh, thank you for your assistance.

My website: www.embroideryhearts.com/catalogue

I tried around for the past 2 days, and confirmed this, any changes made to stylesheet in classic folder, is shown almost immediately on the website. While saving the same changes into Custom folder, the changes take many hours to be reflected on the website. Interesting, cos I just have to wait for about 10-12 hours, and the custom folder stylesheet changes would show up on the website 10 hrs later... So I have to make changes on classic folder, when all is fine, copy to custom folder and just wait for it to happen 10 hrs later. I understand the overide system, but i had no choice but to work with classic then copy files to custom later and wait. Am wondering what could be the cause? Can't be browser cache, as changes made to classic is reflected fast, server cache problem? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Would this have to do with the excruciatingly slow speed on my website? Tried to change SQL_cache_method to "file" or "database" in both configure.php files as mentioned here in the forum, to no avail. Just a question: Does the path "c://XXXX//ccb....." starting with c: dir sound correct? Or should it start with some "http://www.abcvdgfdfgd/..." for define 'DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE' ?

My parse time for my product listing page is as follows:

Parse Time: 20.009 - Number of Queries: 407 - Query Time: 19.5221459316

Very long, i would've lost all visitors by the time the page loads up.
    Any advice here too? Infact, this would be a pressing and important area to resolve. I've done all the suggested steps to bring down time: removed cat counts, Gzip compression, etc.

Really appreciate guidance on these obstacles...

Hi Yellow1912, thks for your feedback. I use filezilla for FTP and make chgs using PHP Editor before uploading or dreamweaver. I'm quite sure the changes were saved in the custom stylesheets. I use FF webtools to verify which stylesheet were used to reflect what's on the web. Thanks again.