Plugin Contributions

help question Did not recieve Order Confirmation email and no order exists in admin

I received an order for this Linen but never received an Order Confirmation No email from the shopping cart like I have with all previous orders. I did receive a paypal Notification of Payment Received email. The strange thing with this order is that the paypal email had a general description of item as Damask Linen which could have been any of the five I have listed. All other times I have gotten the Notification of Payment Received email with an Item title as a zencart id. When I checked my admin the customer is listed as having created an account but there is no order placed by him.

The money shows in my paypal account and I contacted paypal to confirm which they said was a valid transaction. What could be causing this and what do I need to change so I don't get this problem in the future?
    http://www.SullivanVitamins.com

America's Favorite Vitamin Source & Irish Shop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Did not recieve Order Confirmation email and no order exists in admin

If orders aren't getting stored in your Admin when paid by PayPal, then you've got something blocking the notifications coming from PayPal. This article deals with troubleshooting persistent problems in that area: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Did not recieve Order Confirmation email and no order exists in admin

Double checked to see if my email address matches and they do. All the other orders I have gotten after this one I get an email notification from zencart like I'm suppose to. Is it possible that there is something wrong in the code on this particular item that's causing this block. As I mentioned in the previous post that even the payment received email from paypal was different.

Plugin Contributions

the payment received email from paypal was different
    Different how?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

The paypal email was different because on that order it gave me a general title description and all other ones and orders beyond this one have generated a zenid.