Thread: Need Help Asap!

Plugin Contributions

application error Need Help Asap!

Hello,

So I have a online store and I currently use paypal for all the orders. I wanted to install the zen cart on my website so that I can easily add new items right away without done html work from scratch each time I want to add a new product. I started to install the zen cart but I am running into a little trouble. After I get the welcome page, something goes wrong.

I get up to here:

Welcome To Zen Cart™ - The Art of E-Commerce
    Designed for Online Merchants

* Welcome
    * License
    * Prerequisites
    * Database Setup
    * System Setup
    * phpBB Setup
    * Store Setup
    * Admin Setup
    * Finished

But when I reach prerequisites and I get near the inspect part, it goes wrong. I get a error page from my server. I tried everything and re-did all the steps. NOTHING WORKS! Please point me towards the right direction.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Help Asap!

And you have checked that your web server supports php and mysql?

Plugin Contributions

Yes I have checked and it does support it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Without knowing what's on the error page you mention, it's difficult to be of any help to you.

A URL to where it's happening can also be useful.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The step that I am talking about is when you install everything on your host's server, make a database too. You then have to locate the the virtual pathway to the zen cart from your website. Once I located it it gives me this page.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:

1. This is your first time using Zen Cart™ and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, Click here to begin installation.

2. Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website for assistance.

To begin installation ...

1. The Installation Documentation can be read by clicking here: Documentation
    2. Run zc_install/index.php via your browser.
    3. The Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website will also be of value if you run into difficulties.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I click the "click here to begin installation" from point one. Once I do that I recieve a welcome page, so then I click continue, then I recieve a license confirmation. I click the "I have read and agree..." Once I click that, it messes up and goes to the an error page from my host.

DrByte, I am afraid to give out the pathway since hackers can hack my page. Any other options?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsunshine View Post
    when I reach prerequisites and I get near the inspect part, it goes wrong. I get a error page from my server.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Without knowing what's on the error page you mention, it's difficult to be of any help to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsunshine View Post
    ...then I recieve a license confirmation. I click the "I have read and agree..." Once I click that, it messes up and goes to the an error page from my host.
    What is *that* error page saying?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.