Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Products Images Not Showing Up

Hi. I am just creating my new store. I am not new to ecommerce design, but this is the first time using Zen Cart, which I love. I created my first product under a catagory and uploaded the product image at the appropriate place and the picture for the product shows up. However, on the second and third product under the same category, my pictures I upload do not show up. I am uploading my pics through the product in category section of the admin. Why is my first product showing the product pic but not other products? Thank you. Also, is there a way to get rid of the "view larger image" link under the product picture? Thanks

www.savethedatebridal.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products Images Not Showing Up

You are using images offsite? Why not download them to your server and then upload them to your site? I'd say your problem lays somewhere in the off site image issue.
    Marg

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by branicdesigns View Post
    Also, is there a way to get rid of the "view larger image" link under the product picture?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...f+larger+image

(See Post 3)

Plugin Contributions

No I'm not using offsite for the products. I was trying to find a way to get a pic on the site so I also used photobucket, which I will remove if I can get my products pic to work. I am uploading right from Products in the admin section where it asks to browse your computer for a pic to upload.

Plugin Contributions

Just to let you know also, I didn't do an offsite pic until I realized the products pics weren't loading. Thanks, Dawn

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Products Images Not Showing Up

I am still having problems with this. I have uploaded my images in 3 sizes the medium and large pics with _MED and _LRG by ftp to my images. I still can't get but one pic on my entire shopping cart to show up. Please view my cart at www.savethedatebridal.com/store Why won't my product pictures show up. Weird thing is, I deleted all of my product photos and the only one that will show up is the peaches and cream card. Any help would be great. I can't go any further until I figure out why my pics are not showing. Thanks again. Dawn

Plugin Contributions

My own opinion... Use the Image Handle contribution... all your troubles will go away... (I believe)
    I wouldn't even consider a site without it.
    Give it a shot..
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=image+handler

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by branicdesigns View Post
    I am still having problems with this. I have uploaded my images in 3 sizes the medium and large pics with _MED and _LRG by ftp to my images. I still can't get but one pic on my entire shopping cart to show up. Please view my cart at www.savethedatebridal.com/store Why won't my product pictures show up. Weird thing is, I deleted all of my product photos and the only one that will show up is the peaches and cream card. Any help would be great. I can't go any further until I figure out why my pics are not showing. Thanks again. Dawn
    What FTP client are you using to upload images?
    Be sure you select "Binary" when uploading images.
    It looks like your image peachescreamblue100.jpg is corrupt as seen here, whoops can't see it.

http://www.savethedatebridal.com/sto...eamblue100.jpg

Uploading images as ASCII will corrupt the image.

Your other image is ok.

http://www.savethedatebridal.com/sto...escream100.jpg

HTH,
    M

Plugin Contributions

I know that the image peachesandcreamblue is corrupt. That is what is happening with all of my other images except the one that shows up. I am uploading directly from my cpanel in my hosting. I will try the mod and see if that works. If I can find it :) Dawn

Plugin Contributions

I think you will find it will work well and that it's not difficult to install. Your troubles most likely lay in the uploading of files from your cpanel. You should get a ftp program. I use cuteftp, but have heard that filezilla works well, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast