Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default HELP The home link will not goto home

The categories link that shows up across the top of page named HOME that should link to the home page .... Does not go to the home page it shows all my directories and I have to click the index page to get back to the index page. Where do I change that at ? Peace

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP The home link will not goto home

Your URL?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP The home link will not goto home

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Your URL?
    The site is not ready yet but here is the URL
    kimberliteassemblers.com/commerce/a/b/

Plugin Contributions

Default Home page

The home page link across the top of page when clicked takes me to my directories. How do I edit the links across the top of page?

Plugin Contributions

Default How to change home page link

The home page link that is at header and footer does not take me to my store home page ? How do I edit that link? Please help Meeee

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to change home page link

It's giving you a file-listing.
    That means your webserver is not setup to understand "index.php" to be a default page.
    It's not a Zen Cart issue.

You'll need to ask your hosting company to set "index.php" to be treated as a default page, or you can try to do it yourself by creating a .htaccess file with something like this in it:
    Code:
    DiRectoryindex index.php default.php index.shtml index.html index.htm
    But, really your hosting company should have already done this if they're running PHP on the server.

Also, make sure you didn't ignore any of the warnings presented during the zc_install process. They are there to ensure that you deal with the problems before they cause unexpected behavior on your site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Home Page no go Home?

The HOME links on all pages do not go to Store Index page they goto a page that shows all my directories? How do I edit that home link? Thks Peace

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Home Page no go Home?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyevolution View Post
    The HOME links on all pages do not go to Store Index page they goto a page that shows all my directories? How do I edit that home link? Thks Peace
    It sounds to me that your host doesn't have it set up to allow index.php to be a default file name.

What happens if you just type in your domain name? ( http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN.com ) does it take you to your home page, or does it show a list of directories?

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like the Hoster does not setup a default Index page (handy for new accounts that do not have any Content yet) nor it would seem, is the Hoster concerned much about security. Showing what's inside a dir. is not good for security purposes and is easily prevented.

As to Zen Cart, did you install it in a subdirectory? That could explain your current problem. More information on your setup would be helpful.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DWells View Post
    It sounds to me that your host doesn't have it set up to allow index.php to be a default file name.

What happens if you just type in your domain name? ( http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN.com ) does it take you to your home page, or does it show a list of directories?

No it goes to my store home page. I set my host server to my zen cart home page.
    My zen cart is also in sub directories. Peace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast