Plugin Contributions

Default New Products and All products layout help

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with this as I've been going around in circles trying to do it by myself and getting nowhere fast LOL

I want to change my ALL and NEW products listing pages, here:

http://www.havendesignz.com/store/in...e=products_all
    and here:
    http://www.havendesignz.com/store/in...e=products_new

So that the individual product rows look like the way I have the comments set up on my blog here:

http://www.havendesignz.com/blog/index.php?entryid=61

At the moment I have the products with a slightly different color background and even then I couldn't get the entire row to be that color only the cells.....can this be done at all?
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Products and All products layout help

I guess no one knows how I can change this?
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

This may be possible, but will require some re-structuring of how the table(s) are constructed in tpl_products_modules_all_listing.php, tpl_products_modules_featured_listing.php and tpl_products_modules_new_listing.php.

It may also require some re-positioning of the php that identifies a cell group as ODD or EVEN.

The problem is that the even and odd listings are not displayed as a "nested table" within a table - so there is no way in the standard code structure to give the "block" of respective even and odd listings an ID or CLASS in the css.

If you look at the page in Firefox, using Chris Pedericks Firefox add-on "Developer Toolkit" - and get the dev tool to outline table cells, you will see that each EVEN and ODD listing is a group of three table cells.

I did this on your page, and the following image shows the main table (outer green) and the inner green and blue cells that enclose data in the EVEN and ODD rows.

These inner cells (green and blue) share the Style - .main - so you could put a dotted border round them. ( style - .main {border: 2px dotted #f3f3f3;} ) but each cell would have the dotted border.

In short, not an easy fix without some very finicky work on the TPL files...

Plugin Contributions

Yeah that's what I figured LOL I tried so many things, even putting a new div in there and still couldn't get it.....and I don't think my php knowledge is quite up to the job of editing the tpl files yet lol

I really really wanna get the border around there.....guess we can't always have what we want though can we LOL

Thanx for the reply :)
    HunnyBee Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fairestcape View Post
    This may be possible, but will require some re-structuring of how the table(s) are constructed in tpl_products_modules_all_listing.php, tpl_products_modules_featured_listing.php and tpl_products_modules_new_listing.php.

It may also require some re-positioning of the php that identifies a cell group as ODD or EVEN.

The problem is that the even and odd listings are not displayed as a "nested table" within a table - so there is no way in the standard code structure to give the "block" of respective even and odd listings an ID or CLASS in the css.

If you look at the page in Firefox, using Chris Pedericks Firefox add-on "Developer Toolkit" - and get the dev tool to outline table cells, you will see that each EVEN and ODD listing is a group of three table cells.

I did this on your page, and the following image shows the main table (outer green) and the inner green and blue cells that enclose data in the EVEN and ODD rows.

These inner cells (green and blue) share the Style - .main - so you could put a dotted border round them. ( style - .main {border: 2px dotted #f3f3f3;} ) but each cell would have the dotted border.

In short, not an easy fix without some very finicky work on the TPL files...
    Hiya,

I know this post is old but.......... i was wonng how you got the listing to look like that, i am wanting the same thing, the image to the left, and on the right hand side i would like, Product Name, Price, Manufacturer then description.

any help is appreciated