Plugin Contributions

Default login options question - opinions humbly requested

Hi all -
    I am chewing on what the best solution would be for requiring / not requiring customers to log in to complete their purchases.
    The website I'm working on is for my grandmother, and she is fervent that everything be as simple and straight forward as possible - she doesn't like "complicated" e-commerce websites that require a lot of data entry and clicking.

So, she's 99% sure that she'll be using paypal to process credit cards, and my concern is that someone who has never been to the site (and therefore hasn't registered), will shop, add products to their cart, then when they go to check out they'll be prompted to register, which requires a lot of information! Then they'll check their cart, click continue and expect to be able to pay and leave, but no, then they have to go enter ALL that information again (well, most of it) if they don't have a paypal account. That just sounds like too much work to pay for a bar of soap...
    So I'm considering the options of not requiring customers to register, and allowing them to just continue to the paypal area, since my grandmother will get their information from paypal anyway. OR having a simplified registration with just their name, email address, etc etc.

If anyone has a modified cart in this regard, could you please share your experiences, and some pros and cons of not requiring the customers to register. Are there any problems that arise as a result? Such as order fulfillment issues, or anything similar?

Thank you!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: login options question - opinions humbly requested

Using PayPal IPN - they do not collect not is one required to enter info except for CC data.

The term "Registering" can be altered/renamed - and you can minimize the info through the admin to a point -

This info is required to know where you are going to ship that bar of soap and to whom...

So you can re-define it as such - "Billing-Shipping Information" or any other title that suits
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten