Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default All My New Zen Cart Installs say there is a security error

I was wondering if anyone could help. My store has come up with "there is a security error when when trying to log in" this only happens in the customer login section.

I have read through out all the posts that the maybe sessions.php may need to be changed as it may be corrupt due to the server upgrading their PHP version to 5.2.5...........same with the tpl_login_default.php and the tpl_timeout_default.php...

The zencart version is 1.3.8a so it is the updated version. I have installed a new zencart as a backup to get the files out of this, but with every new install of zencart all come up with this security error...........I have done up to 5 installs with the same error every time....

Why would it be doing this? Would there be something on the server I am with that is somehow blocking the install.....As all the new fresh installs should work but they are not.....

This is the only problem with the new install also........Evrything else works fine and the admin works fine also..........

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All New Zen Cart Installs say there is a security error

Couple of questions.

If this is a new install, are you using the default db or none?
    - if you imported a db then this is "not" considered a new install

Are you using the Classic Template?

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Verdana]Thanks for your reply.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I run on a control panel so the zencart install is done through there. It creates the new db, msql and all the rest automatically. when it shows the address it is http://mydomain/backup ...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Yes the classic template is used with a few minor alterations to personalize it to my tastes.[/FONT]

I hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Try downloading the program from Source Forge and installing it using the Zen Cart Installer and see if that still runs into a problem.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said that the security error is only happening on login.

If you try adding something to your cart, does it get added properly?

Do you have SSL enabled at this point?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All My New Zen Cart Installs say there is a security error

Thanks for your replies.

The security error does only happen in the log in section. But I did just try add some thing to my cart and it does not go in there.

No SSL is not enabled as I don't have credit card payments on my site just yet. It is still in the first stages of being built up.

Also

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure how to go about uploading a zenacrt from the place you had said. Is there a tutorial that can point me into that direction, which lets me know how to do it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty16 View Post
    The security error does only happen in the log in section. But I did just try add some thing to my cart and it does not go in there.
    That means your PHP "sessions" capability is not working.
    Zen Cart relies on PHP to generate a "session" which stores the data on the server so that your browser can reconnect from page to page.
    It does this using the builtin PHP "session" functionality, which connects to a session cookie stored on your PC.

So, you have a problem with PHP session capability, and/or browser session cookies.

Did you happen to ignore any warnings/errors during your installation process?
    Did you install using the Zen Cart zc_install/index.php process? or via some automated install?
    The Zen Cart install process is more reliable than most automated installs.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The installs are automative in a control panel. I didn't see any errors, everything came back that is was done successfully.

This has only happen though since the server host I am with just done an upgrade of the PHP and since then it hasn't worked.

I am also not sure how to go about doing an install using the Zen Cart zc_install/index.php process

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This has only happen though since the server host I am with just done an upgrade of the PHP and since then it hasn't worked.
    Just as I suspected. It's possible they've broken the PHP configuration, perhaps unknowingly.

Running a manual install may expose server misconfiguration issues.

I am also not sure how to go about doing an install using the Zen Cart zc_install/index.php process
    FAQ: "How Do I Install Zen Cart?" https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=107

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast