Plugin Contributions

Default Can you change the alpha sorter from a drop down menu in to a text links?

On the category page how can we change the alpha sorter from a drop down menu in to a text links like so:

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can you change the alpha sorter from a drop down menu in to a text links?

Maybe something like this?:

sperling.com/examples/menuh/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can you change the alpha sorter from a drop down menu in to a text links?

Ok there is probably a cleaner way of doing this but, I got this to work on the category page.

PHP Code:
    <div id="alpha_filter">
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=65" class="alpha_filter">A</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=66" class="alpha_filter">B</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=67" class="alpha_filter">C</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=68" class="alpha_filter">D</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=69" class="alpha_filter">E</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=70" class="alpha_filter">F</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=71" class="alpha_filter">G</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=72" class="alpha_filter">H</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=73" class="alpha_filter">I</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=74" class="alpha_filter">J</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=75" class="alpha_filter">K</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=76" class="alpha_filter">L</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=77" class="alpha_filter">M</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=78" class="alpha_filter">N</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=79" class="alpha_filter">O</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=80" class="alpha_filter">P</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=81" class="alpha_filter">Q</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=82" class="alpha_filter">R</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=83" class="alpha_filter">S</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=84" class="alpha_filter">T</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=85" class="alpha_filter">U</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=86" class="alpha_filter">V</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=87" class="alpha_filter">W</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=88" class="alpha_filter">X</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=89" class="alpha_filter">Y</a>|
      <a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=<?=$_GET['cPath']?>&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=90" class="alpha_filter">Z</a>
    </div>
    Is there a way to adapt these links to work on the products all page (tpl_products_all_default.php)?

Plugin Contributions

Is it even posible to add an alpha sorter to the all products page? I have been playing with this code now for days

Plugin Contributions

Default Is it posible to add the alpha sorter to the all products page?

Is it posible to add the alpha sorter to the all products page?

Plugin Contributions

Message me if you are still looking for help.

Plugin Contributions

just wanted to say thanx for the great post, this was suggested to me to try on our site and i started scratchin my head, thinking of how involved it would be.

i found this post, and it took all but 5 minutes to setup, and it looks and works great.

thanks again!!!
    Never be afraid to try something new, remember that amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply zskiman

I have updated the above code and cleaned it up:
    PHP Code:
    function GetAlphabet($type='string',$lower=false){

$spacer "&nbsp;|&nbsp;";

$r = ($type == 'string') ? '' : array();

// chr 65 => A, chr 90 => Z

for ($c=65$c <= 90$c++){
         if (!isset(
    $alpha_filter_id)){$alpha_filter_id 65;}

$ch = ($lower) ? strtolower(chr($c)) : '<a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath='.$_GET['cPath'].'&alpha_filter_id='.$alpha_filter_id.'">'.chr($c)."</a>$spacer";
            if (
    $type == 'string'){ $r .= $ch; }
            else { 
    $r[] = $ch; }

$alpha_filter_id $alpha_filter_id+1;
        }
        return 
    $spacer.$r;
    }
    echo 
    GetAlphabet(); 

Plugin Contributions

I made an update to this code, I added some css when a letter is active it will be bold and black, so that the user knows what page they are on.

PHP Code:
    function GetAlphabet($type='string',$lower=false){

$spacer "&nbsp;|&nbsp;";

$r = ($type == 'string') ? '' : array();

// chr 65 => A, chr 90 => Z

for ($c=65$c <= 90$c++){
         if (!isset(
    $alpha_filter_id)){$alpha_filter_id 65;}
         if (
    $alpha_filter_id == $_GET['alpha_filter_id']){$style ' style="font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; color:#000000;"';}else{$style '';}

$ch = ($lower) ? strtolower(chr($c)) : '<a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath='.$_GET['cPath'].'&alpha_filter_id='.$alpha_filter_id.'"'.$style.'>'.chr($c)."</a>$spacer";
            if (
    $type == 'string'){ $r .= $ch; }
            else { 
    $r[] = $ch; }

$alpha_filter_id $alpha_filter_id+1;
        }
        return 
    $spacer.$r;
    }
    echo 
    GetAlphabet();