Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute image replaces main product image on selecting attribute

Quote Originally Posted by SHokuf View Post
    Yes, it works on 1.3.8
    I did it on dropdown and it works the same.
    Click "Edit" next to the option name you already have in there.
    Did you choose any other option when you set it to 6? I can't get this to work. I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8a Has anyone else got this to work in V1.3.8a??

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone got this to work with drop down boxes?

Also, where does the file attrib_prod_info.php go?

Plugin Contributions

I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8.

Plugin Contributions

This mod does not seem to follow the proper override structure, i.e. it replaces some of the core zen cart files without using an override. So the next time you upgrade, you are going to have big headaches if you use this mod.

I have not installed the mod for this reason, although I think it is a very good idea.

Plugin Contributions

I have managed to get this to work on 1.3.8p3.

Looking at the instructions I think English ( or even American English) is not the first language of the developer.
    This is not his fault but it does make the instructions a bit more tricky :)

Before adding anything I changed a couple of directory names

I changed /admin/ to /ADMIN_OVERRIDE_NAME/ - ie what I have for my admin directory

and includes/modules/custom_template to includes/modules/TEMPLATE_OVERRIDE_NAME/ ie what I have for my template name

Also in attrib_prod_info.php I changed line 23 from

PHP Code:
    <?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\'' zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE_ADDITIONAL'products_image_large_additional=' 'images/'.$attributes_image) . '\')">' $image '<br /><span class="imgLink">' zen_image('images/bigger_picture.jpg''larger image''140''44') . '</span></a>'?>

to

PHP Code:
    <?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\'' zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE_ADDITIONAL'products_image_large_additional=' 'images/'.$attributes_image) . '\')">' $image '<br /><span class="imgLink">' TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE '</span></a>'?>

ie removed the ref to images/bigger_picture.jpg which doesn't exist and so was getting a 404

I ftp'd up the files and applied the sql patch - I must admit I was a bit concerned that I had to add a file at the root of the zen cart install (attrib_prod_info.php) as this does not seem the correct place for it - however since I need the functionality I have put up with it for now

I then went into the attributes controller and added large images for the attributes - I could not point them to the path I wanted as it would only allow me 1 level of nesting - that is probably just a zen cart thing though

The end result is it works - though I can't say it works well out of the box -

To improve it I would wish better integration with Image Handler 2 and better use of overrides. - just my 2p worth

To end I would like to say I am a zen cart newbie so take what I say with a pinch of salt - as always before trying something you are unsure of back up your database and your site before applying any changes

Cheers
    T

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info Taranis. I think you did it the right way by putting things in override folders.

I don't understand your comment "I changed /admin/ to /ADMIN_OVERRIDE_NAME/ - ie what I have for my admin directory"

Do you mean that you created an OVERRIDE_NAME folder inside of your regular admin folder? So instead of putting the files inside /admin/ you put them into /admin/OVERRIDE_NAME/ instead?

Plugin Contributions

No, this is referring to the very important security recommendation that every Zen Cart installation should have its /admin/ folder renamed to something hard to guess (and appropriate file references changed accordingly), so that hackers have a harder time finding it.

See the link at the top of the "Concerns about hack attempts" forum for more info.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    No, this is referring to the very important security recommendation that every Zen Cart installation should have its /admin/ folder renamed to something hard to guess (and appropriate file references changed accordingly), so that hackers have a harder time finding it.
    OK, thanks. I did that a long time ago.

I am always wondering about the override system...would it be possible to add a folder inside /admin/ that would act as an override folder? e.g. /admin/mytemplatename/ ? Or could I do the same in any other folder where no current override is setup?

Plugin Contributions

You would have to build the override functionality in the PHP code to use override folders; just adding folders would do nothing.

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks. that's what I suspected, but always wanted to ask.

For the benefit of other readers interested in this mod, I have installed it according to the original instructions and it works perfectly for me on zen cart version 1.3.8a.

I have not come across any problems except, as Taranis mentioned, the instructions are a little hard to decipher. I also have not noticed any problem that Taranis mentioned about "images/bigger_picture.jpg", but maybe I will notice that when I play around with it some more.

I am still worried that future zen cart updates will break the functionality of this mod (since it does not seem to use an override system), but I may be wrong about that. We'll see. The good news is that it is pretty easy to re-install if it does have problems in the future.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast