Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute image replaces main product image on selecting attribute

Do the files replace core files? if not, they will be safe even if they are in core folders. Are they in folders that have overrides available?

V1.3.9 will only have bug/security fixes for v1.3.8a, so it shouldn't be hard to merge any files as long as you keep good records of what you have. V2.0 will require all mods to be rebuilt anyway, so the structure of this mod will become irrelevant.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Attribute image replaces main product image on selecting attribute

Quote Originally Posted by thomasw98 View Post
    For the benefit of other readers interested in this mod, I have installed it according to the original instructions and it works perfectly for me on zen cart version 1.3.8a
    I'm using the same version, and cannot get this module to perform as it should.

If I select "radio button" as the option type, my option values disappear on the front end. Also happens when I uses "check box". I haven't tried to set the option type to anything other than those two, other than "Drop Down"...which is what I really need to use.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dollfayce View Post
    I'm using the same version, and cannot get this module to perform as it should.

If I select "radio button" as the option type, my option values disappear on the front end. Also happens when I uses "check box". I haven't tried to set the option type to anything other than those two, other than "Drop Down"...which is what I really need to use.
    In the instructions given with this mod, you have to edit the option name and select option 6 under image styles to get the images to switch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MsHutch View Post
    In the instructions given with this mod, you have to edit the option name and select option 6 under image styles to get the images to switch.
    Yes, as per the instructions...I did do that. I've checked and double checked that I've followed instructions to the "t."

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem as Dollfayce and many others in this thread. I have installed this add-on EXACTLY as the instructions (obviously English is not strong for the writer of the instructions) say but I also am having the same exact results. I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8a.

If I select "radio button" or "check box" as the option type and 6 as the Attribute Style for Radio Buttons/Checkbox, my option values disappear on the front end. There is a place on the Item page that shows "Please Choose" and the name of the option but there are no choices to select from.

Can someone who has gotten this to work show us a working store to prove it and also detailed instructions on how to get this up and running?

Plugin Contributions

i did get this up and running on 1.3.8a(had to edit some files)

im attatching the files here

the instructions are pretty straight forward,

just make sure you have value 6 in option name manager (edit an option name)

it does work for dropdowns

PROOF:
    http://southcrystals.com/index.php?m...products_id=22

select color Extra fine, image changes from purple stone to orange

I will not leave this up forever, so please respond when you have seen proof
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AmandaGero; 4 Jun 2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot to add proof for people who need it

Plugin Contributions

Thank you to AmandaGero for posting a link to an actual working site with this add-on functioning so that I could have proof that it does work. I found the problem that I am sure is what is causing everyone else headaches with getting this to function properly.

The problem is that the distribution has one file in the wrong folder.

/includes/modules/custom_template/attributes.php

should be placed into your site at this location

/includes/modules/attributes.php

My guess is that the location of this file changed in the standard distribution of Zen Cart somewhere between v1.3.7 and 1.3.8a.

I did this and got it working on the site I am building. Maybe someone could fix this in the distribution in the ZC add-on downloads so other people don't continue to have problems with this.

Plugin Contributions

No, the folder location given is correct; you do need to change the generic "/custom_template/" to whatever your template name is. If you didn't change this name, the file would be orphaned and have no effect.
    Since the /includes/modules/custom_template/attributes.php file replaces the function of the standard /includes/modules/attributes.php file, you need to keep it in an override location so it will be safe from erasure during an upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    No, the folder location given is correct; you do need to change the generic "/custom_template/" to whatever your template name is. If you didn't change this name, the file would be orphaned and have no effect.
    Since the /includes/modules/custom_template/attributes.php file replaces the function of the standard /includes/modules/attributes.php file, you need to keep it in an override location so it will be safe from erasure during an upgrade.
    It might help people trying to use this if they knew that. That is not explained in the limited documentation and it was also never mentioned on this thread or anywhere on the forum until you posted that. Thanks for enlightening all of us as to what the solution to the problem was.

I hope, for the sake of future users, that someone will update this contribution's documentation so that it explains how to use it better.

Plugin Contributions

Good mod documentation always includes a note to change /your_template/ or whatever foldernames to the user's custom foldername, if applicable. It has been stated innumerable times in the forum in response to applicable situations as well. It is also stated in the tutorials in regard to making your own edits to template files.

It would be good for someone (preferably the mod's author) to update its docs with the information.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast