Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Attribute image replaces main product image on selecting attribute

This ALMOST works.
    Was able to install it and getting working with v1.3.9d.
    However;
    1. It removes the attribute images from the page, you can then only see them if you select them one at a time from the drop down.

2. Even though you can then click on the attribute it will bring up a window with the same size image. (It will not bring up a "larger" image)

3. It does replace several files that may be "core", I'm not sure. i.e. options_name_manager.php

This would be a highly desired mod if those issues could be addressed. Any of you coding guru's up to it?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute image replaces main product image on selecting attribute

Quote Originally Posted by Nineve View Post
    This ALMOST works.
    Was able to install it and getting working with v1.3.9d.
    However;
    1. It removes the attribute images from the page, you can then only see them if you select them one at a time from the drop down.

2. Even though you can then click on the attribute it will bring up a window with the same size image. (It will not bring up a "larger" image)

3. It does replace several files that may be "core", I'm not sure. i.e. options_name_manager.php

This would be a highly desired mod if those issues could be addressed. Any of you coding guru's up to it?
    Hi there Gir.. This is very interesting to me. I'm rather new to Zen-cart and this is my first post. I have spent a couple of weeks playing with zen-cart after using oscommerce previously.

I have installed version v1.3.9d, image handler 2, coen uri mapping, google base feeder and all work fine. This brings me to a couple of questions..

How the hell did you get this plugin working? Will it work with image handler 2 installed?

I want to achieve something similar to the product page of prestashop ideally, and thought this plugin might help me. Shall I just not bother with this plugin? Thanks in advance for any advice :)
    Last edited by paintamonkey; 29 Jul 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I ended up not using it because it did not make sense for the site I am making to only be able to view the attributes one at a time when the visitor selects one in the pull down menu.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    No, the folder location given is correct; you do need to change the generic "/custom_template/" to whatever your template name is. If you didn't change this name, the file would be orphaned and have no effect.
    Since the /includes/modules/custom_template/attributes.php file replaces the function of the standard /includes/modules/attributes.php file, you need to keep it in an override location so it will be safe from erasure during an upgrade.
    Thanks! This is all I had to do.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by WillyWanka666 View Post
    Thanks! This is all I had to do.
    Uh...I'm facing what most likely is something small and easy, but as usual very troublesome. I got the attribute replaces main image working properly until I added another module. I think the two are conflicting somehow.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=994

and

DPUv2 found here:
    http://chrome.me.uk/index.php?page=zen_cart_modules

Any thoughts? Thanks as always.

Plugin Contributions

Since they both operate on the product info page and attributes, they likely use one or more of the same files. You will need to examine the files in both mods and merge the customizations from any that overlap.
    It would be a service to the community if you then posted at least which files overlap, if not what code to merge.

Plugin Contributions

Since they both operate on the product info page and attributes, they likely use one or more of the same files. You will need to examine the files in both mods and merge the customizations from any that overlap.
    It would be a service to the community if you then posted at least which files overlap, if not what code to merge.
    PHP is almost completely alien to me, and I go pretty quick. I was hoping the author of one of the two mods would point me in the right direction. I will most certainly post my results in all three threads that I'm subscribed to as soon as I find the answer.

Plugin Contributions

If you start by comparing the lists of files in each mod, that will narrow the field quickly. Then use Winmerge or the like on each file versus the original version of it and make notes, then compare the mod file versions against each other. If the mod changes are to different lines in the file, you can probably winmerge them into one file easily enough. If the two mods both alter the same line(s), that will require skillful editing. Let us know what you find and we may be able to help if needed.

Plugin Contributions

If you start by comparing the lists of files in each mod, that will narrow the field quickly. Then use Winmerge or the like on each file versus the original version of it and make notes, then compare the mod file versions against each other. If the mod changes are to different lines in the file, you can probably winmerge them into one file easily enough. If the two mods both alter the same line(s), that will require skillful editing. Let us know what you find and we may be able to help if needed.
    I'll give it a try this weekend. The only thing is that I'll be looking blindly, in hopes of stumbling across a constant. If any advanced users that know php feel like helping the zen community figure this out, it'd be GREATLY appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

You won't "stumble across a constant". If there are differences, you will see them in winmerge.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast