Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Sessions Viewer + pushorder

I will repeat it again: You will not have any of these headaches if you switch to the much more reliable Express Checkout module instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Paypal Sessions Viewer + pushorder

Quote Originally Posted by supersnow View Post
    I am not getting any errors regarding the ip address or password. I have done tests where I have put different passwords and ip address to test the mod and the appropriate error comes up.

But when I ensure that the password is inserted correctly and the ip address (doubled check any extra spaces) I am able to get to the confirm move page but when I press on the confirm button I am redirected to my customer login page and the orders are NOT put into the database.

Everything looks like it is working until I get to press on the confirm button. I just wish I knew why!
    Ha I find a way to push order correct,
    just click the admin/view_stuck_paypal_orders.php the button more than 5 times, then you will open more than 5 new windows with the confirm move order button.
    after this , just click from the middle of then, maybe the second window, then it will redirect again or works ok. it like a lucky bet.
    try it quickly you will push order ok from one of the window.

Plugin Contributions

I just checked "View Paypal Stucked Orders" from my admin in 1.3.8f, which I've had installed for many years. I checked it because I sent an "abandoned cart - reminder-email" to some customers, and ONE of them replied she was waiting for her order, as she had already checked out and paid for it. (I can find her order in the stucked order-listing, but the payment IS NOT exisiting in paypal. I've checked both for the date she ordered, and searched for her e-mail address.

This is what bugs me the most:

There are 38 PAGES of stuck paypal orders over the last years in my shop.

A very wierd thing though, is that none of these customers have actually given us a notice that they are waiting for their order - so I can't understand that they've thought they have paid either. If the customer had actually paid, I would expect at least some of them to send us an email, claiming their package after a few weeks?

Also - many of the stucked orders listed are from myself - although I've only placed items in the cart, pressed "Checkout" - to check if I get redirected to Paypal the correct way, and then pressed "Cancel, go back to the store", once I've been on the paypal-site. I know for a fact, I haven't paid by paypal on my own shop. So these "Stucked orders" from my self aren't really stucked, as much as they only are abandoned carts.

To me it looks like many - if not all - of these stucked orders, really is abandoned carts, where the customers have changed their mind when they've come to paypal?

Or can I be wrong here?

If the stucked order which I can see from the module, actually were paid for - wouldn't I be able to search this transaction on Paypal using the customers e-mail address?

If I click the "Move to orders database", is the script then suppose to trigger paypal to run the payment / charge the customers card, and place the order in my shop - or is this NOT how it's supposed to work?

I would really appreciate some feedback on this, as I would like to know if I've lost SO many orders, and hence a ¤#%¤# of a lot of money over the years.

Plugin Contributions

Btw. I live outside of U.S, and Paypal Express Checkout is not an option in my country.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011