Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

Hello....I've seen a few posts similar to this question, but not sure if it's been answered. I'm looking to make some of my sites pages with drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

Similar to this site here:

http://www.shiboridragonknits.com/HanahSilk-Ribbon.htm

Can anyone help me please? Is this possible in zen cart. The software used at the site referenced above is not zen cart.

Thanks!

Ethan Kolasinski

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

http://zencart.net/demo/index.php?ma...products_id=59
    Url above shows example re your request for
    dropdown attributes.. other examples also at site above.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    http://zencart.net/demo/index.php?ma...products_id=59
    Url above shows example re your request for
    dropdown attributes.. other examples also at site above.
    Thanks...but I want to know how to get an attribute drop down on the product LISTING page, not the product DESCRIPTION page like the example you gave above. I already provided a linked example of what I'm looking for, yet you list a different example. What good does an example do if you don't show me how to do it? What you showed me I already know how to do anyway...but thanks...I think.

Anyone else understand, want to help?

Ethan Kolasinski

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I also need same type of functionality.

Have you got any solution?

Please help...

Plugin Contributions

just wondered if anyone has figured this out? I've spent a long time looking into it with other carts too. another os cart can do it, but I dont like that system. Cant seem to find any other solutions, my preference is to stick with Zencart so would be great if we could figure this out.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I have been trying to hack the files to do this. I have managed to list the product attributes on the product listing page for each product. Quite chuffed with that. But I notice the form utilises the function actionMultipleAddProduct() (with no action to add attributes of course) but adding a single product uses the function actionAddProduct() which I assume will add chosen attributes.

So I wondered if someone could help with changing the "actionMultipleAddProduct" function to add in the attributes. Does anyone know what I would need to do to do this?

I think if this is possible, to add attributes using the actionMultipleAddProduct() function then maybe it will work! Or be closer to get it working anyway.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I've done some quick and dirty hacking and it seems to be working OK now. So I have got the product options displaying on the product listing page as a couple of neat drop downs. I'll add the link when the site is live in a few weeks (dont want to post development url) so in meantime if anyone wants to take a look at the site PM me. The hack is quick and dirty, I was in a rush, so if anyone wants the code to improve it or something no problem.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. Here are the files I have changed/created to get the options on product listing to work. Its v.1.3.8a, I dont know if it will work on older versions. Also, sorry if the code is not great, I dont have the time at the moment to make it into a wonderfully coded add on, all I know is it seems to work for me.

The only core file changed is the includes/classes/shopping_cart.php file. The rest are extra files and template files.

You should use something like Beyond Compare to compare the shopping_cart.php file.

So if someone wants to take this and improve it and make it into a better add on that would be great, appreciate a thanks at the top or something. Alternatively you could try it at your own risk, but seems to work for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I just copied this over (after backing-up up, of course) and after bouncing around it a bit, it seems to be working fine. It seems like a really reasonable thing to want to do - many fewer clicks for a customer to put multiple products into the cart, and it's a much better customer experience, imho.
    Last edited by eflat; 29 Sep 2008 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

Like a lot of other people here, I was looking for a way to show attributes on the product listing page, so when I found this mod, I did a little happy dance. Unfortunately, there appears to be a major problem with it.

By using certain settings in ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>PRODUCT LISTING (see below), I set the site up so that an Add to Cart button shows for every item on the Product Listing page, whether the items have attributes or not. This is where the problem comes in. When clicking on one of those Add to Cart buttons, the attributes do not show up in the shopping cart, regardless of whether or not the attributes change the product price. If I go to the Product Info/More Info page and click that Add to Cart button, everything is fine. The attributes show up in the cart as they should.

Now, if I change the admin settings so that instead of cart buttons appearing for every product, there are Add Selected Products to Cart buttons that appear at the top and/or bottom of the Product Listing page, then it works. Clicking on that button will add the attributes to the cart. But I don't want that since it requires that a shopper add a product by entering how many they want in the quantity box and then scroll up or down the page to find the add button.

I suppose it's possible that I need to make some other changes in my admin settings to get this to work or that there's something else interfering with it, but I don't know what it could be. Is there anyone out there who is successfully using this mod in the way that I want to use it?

For your reference, the settings I used in ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>PRODUCT LISTING to get an Add to Cart button for each product are as follows:

Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product): 2

Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location: 0 (This turns on or off the Add Selected Products to Cart button that appears at the top and/or bottom of the Product Listing page, which, when on, disables individual Add to Cart buttons.)

Here’s the URL to the site. It's just a test site that I'm working on to see if I can get Zen Cart to look and work the way my client wants it to.

http://www.mdschoice.com/test_store1/

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast