Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

Hi Maureen

Thanks for letting us know. I had only the time to make it work how my client wants it (Add to Cart buttons at top and bottom), and it seems to work fine for that.

I posted this solution in the hope someone could take it over and improve it and make it work properly so it would work in your case too, but I would not have the time to do that. If you manage to figure it out, please post back here. Ideally I would love Zencart to include it (so its done properly) as it really is a great way to display and list products on stores where poeple will be choosing multiple products from a category.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

I thought I should give you an update. My friend was unable to fix the problem. He said the problem is that the information for the options is being added after the data has already been sent to the shopping cart, which is why the options are not being including.

Due to work and personal issues, he's unable to spend any more time on this, so I have no choice but to post a message in the Commercial Help Wanted section and see if anyone there can correct the problem and not charge too much for it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I Tried this option to add attributes from the product listing of addcart button on each product.Its getting the options_values_id only thing we need to get [products_options_name] and [products_options_values_name].

I have attached the changed file product_lit zip file to get attributes of each product.

I tried my level this only ADDS FIRST PRODUCT ATTRIBUTE ON SHOPPING CART.OTHER PRODUCTS ARE GETS ONLY options_values_id .

I thing there was problem on page/shoppingcart/header_php file to get matching the ids of product and attributes.

You need to adjust the select query to getting all from options_values_id.

You can also check this after adding the attachment and print product array on shopping cart page

if anyone try to answer and add contribution to this

Thanks in advance

Archunan/india
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Archu, I tried your modification, and it completely messed up the product listing. No products were showing at all. Your instructions were a little vague. Is there something else that needs to be done besides changing the product_listing.php file? You mentioned something about the page/shoppingcart/header_php file and adjusting the select query. If there are other changes that must be made, please explain them in detail. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Maureen,

Did you figure it out? On your test page it appears that you have. Can you share the answer as I'm trying to do a similar project.

Thanks
    Paul

Plugin Contributions

Ok got it to work but now I am wondering if anyone knows how to make the price update dynamically with attributes.

For anyone who is new...in order to use this just replace the file in your directory ROOT/includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php

Paul

Plugin Contributions

Aloha!!!

Someone got further with it??? I love it BUT it doesn seem to go further???

I get everthing displayed fine in the Product Page, including the Attributes, but when you push the buy now button it goes to the Product Info Page... Wich is a doule doule...

Cause Customer thinks ca select a Attribute and buy it, and than get to the product Info page where thay have to select again....

If I could make it happen I would like to see a BUY button that transfers all inforation right in the cart, and a more Info button that transfers everything into the Product Info page (selected Attribute)...

Anyway.... If someone remebers and figured it out, unlikely that they show up here again! Let me know!!!

Astrid

Plugin Contributions

Hi Leialoha
    What I wrote was only what my client wanted, so I do hope someone does take it further as I dont have the time now. At the moment what I wrote will only work when you have only 1 buy now button at the top and/or bottom, and no buy now button for each product. See this page to see how I have it. I do not know what happens if you have the Buy Now next to each product.

I do hope someone from Zencart sees the potential with this feature and includes it in the core system. You can see the benefit of being able to choose multiple products at the same time, rather than choosing each one separately.

Plugin Contributions

For those of you trying to use this for checkbox attributes and having it not work for you, attached is a modified version of attributes_listing.php that fixes the problem.

The problem is that the name attribute of the checkbox is not correct.

Only changes are in Lines 326, 329, and 332.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

With some help from someone I paid to fix the issues I mentioned in my first post, I have this mod up and running on the store that I'll soon be going live with. It works with an Add to Cart button for every product, which, when clicked, takes the customer to the shopping cart. There is still a bug, but it only crops up if you have your store set not to go to the shopping cart when an item is added. I talked to the person who helped get it to work, and he was going to look into that, but he was busy at the time, so he never did see about it. Since it wasn't going to affect the store I'm working on, I didn't talk to him again about it.

You can see it at work at the URL below. Be aware that this URL will change once the store goes live since I'll be changing the folder name to the same as the old store that's presently on the site.

www. vetsupplements .com/catalog_new/index.php (remove spaces)

Once the store goes live, it will be changed to "catalog" from "catalog_new".

Because I hired someone to create a mod to the code, I'm hesitant to give it out here without asking him if it's okay (it's his work, after all). If he says it's fine, I'll do so. Until then, if there is someone who's tried the other fixes that are posted here and still can't get it to work with individual buy buttons, you can PM me.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast