Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

Because Zen Cart is GPL, you always have the right to give away copies of the code that you pay for and receive. It is a good idea to get the developer's agreement, though, especially if you expect to work with him again.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

Yes, I figured that was the case, but I think it's only being polite to at least tell the person before doing it. After all, if I was him, I'd appreciate someone doing so. And, as you said, I might want to go to him in the future for other work, so maintaining a friendly working relationship is smart.

Plugin Contributions

Maureen T-

Any update on sharing this code?

I have a need for this functionality.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about the delay. I've been desperately trying to get the store I'm working on finished. I'll try to get the revised files posted sometime today.

Plugin Contributions

Nibblenot-

I tried your updated attributes_listing.php, so as to have the checkbox attributes available, and it will not add the items to cart.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, here is the entire mod with the revisions that will make it work if the store is set to show an Add to Cart button and quantity box for each product on the Product Listing page. Please note that this version of the mod will only work if you have your store set that way.

IMPORTANT: Carefully read the entire README_FIRST.txt file before you proceed with the installation.

For those of you who have already installed the old version of the mod, only two files need to be changed. README_FIRST.txt will tell you which ones.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! After a week of work on this mod, I downloaded your revisions and it finally works!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I installed the module to show product attributes on the product listing page, so the customer could click to select an attribute and buy, and save having to visit specific product pages.

However, it doesn't seem to be working well at all. There is an extra "add to cart" button at the top, I'm not sure why. This is confusing as it looks like the "add to cart" button is above the product listing text and attributes" but is actually below it.

Please see this link for an example.

I've put a 1px bottom border on each product listing to show you how the confusion comes about.

Any advice on how to solve this is appreciated.

cheers

Plugin Contributions

I don't see an extra add to Cart button. From what I can see, you have your buttons positioned above the product names. IMO, they should be below the attributes. I'd tell you how to do that, but you've clearly done some other modifications to your product listing page besides this one. I'd need to see your product_listing.php code to sort it out.

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone think (or know) that this mod could be combined with the "product attribute grid" so that I could create a "quick order on steroids". The Product listing would have the attributes in a grid format rather than dropdown. That way a customer could order for example 5 of one size of shoe and 10 of another size of product a then order 20 of one size and 30 of another of product b on the same page.

I tried combining the 2 modules on my test site with no success. Probably because of my lack of php knowledge.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast