Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

There are two versions to this mod. One where the add to cart button works ONLY when you choose the "add to cart" at top and/or bottom and the later version which works when you have the "add to cart" on every item. The latter version is the one you need. (post#26 of this thread)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

Quote Originally Posted by infocom View Post
    Hi. I have been trying to hack the files to do this. I have managed to list the product attributes on the product listing page for each product. Quite chuffed with that.
    Hello, I would like to achieve what the user above has managed - a list (not drop down) of the available product attributes on the product listing page.

For example, I sell shoes so I would like the browser to be presented with a list of available sizes without having to click through to the product info page.

I have tried looking through the coding but not found out how to do this yet.

Just thought I'd check and see if anyone could save me a bit of time and let me know how the user above managed to do this!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fobes77 View Post
    Hello, I would like to achieve what the user above has managed - a list (not drop down) of the available product attributes on the product listing page.

For example, I sell shoes so I would like the browser to be presented with a list of available sizes without having to click through to the product info page.

I have tried looking through the coding but not found out how to do this yet.

Just thought I'd check and see if anyone could save me a bit of time and let me know how the user above managed to do this!

Thanks
    I'm a bit confused by your post. Do you want something different from the mod that's posted in this thread? If what you want is to show product attributes on the product listing page, then simply download the modified files that are in this thread and upload them to the proper places in your store. Be sure to back up the old versions first, though.

There are two versions of this mod. The original one works if you use a single "Add selected products to cart" button at the top and/or bottom of the product listing page. You'll find that one on message #8 in this thread. The other version, the one I contributed, works if you want individual Add to Cart buttons on each product. That version is in message #26 of this thread. My version has step-by-step instructions, so even if you're new to making store modification, you shouldn't have a problem figuring it out.

Plugin Contributions

Thrilled to find this!!!!
    Thank you for the amazing work - it installed in a snap and works great :)

Question: how can I move the attribute selector to above the buy now instead of below the product description?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo1719 View Post
    Ok got it to work but now I am wondering if anyone knows how to make the price update dynamically with attributes.

For anyone who is new...in order to use this just replace the file in your directory ROOT/includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php

Paul
    I am also looking for how to update the price dynamically........any sol?

Plugin Contributions

I found one problem in the mod........ after clicking add to cart buttom, it is taking me to shopping cart page, but when i click return to shopping, it saying.......... 'sorry! the product was not found'

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone used this with the flexible_product_listing mod?

Ta

Nik

Plugin Contributions

Since both mods alter the same base file (product_listing.php), using them together would require carefully merging and probably adapting the custom code for both mods. It could probably be done by someone with enough motivation and basic PHP skill.

Did anyone try to combine the attributes module at product listing with the grid layout module. I would like to have the grid layout in the product listing.

Plugin Contributions

What I wanted was the drop down attributes to be bundled with the price and the buy now button.

I think I have achieved that.

You can see: http://www.starlessriver.com/shop/in...=index&cPath=1. Still working on layout so play nice with me.

It works for the set of admin settings I am using but I haven't tried all the options. I started a new thread for this because it might clutter this one up. (And this is the first time I have got into the PHP of Zen Cart this much and wanted to give it its own thread )

The new thread is at:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...982#post737982

Nik

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast