Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 2 backgrounds, vertical fade for the center content, horizontal fade for the sides.

Can I use 2 background style divs so I can have a background the width of content of my page which extends down (below the content), and a separate background image for the sides?

You can sort of see what I mean at http://www.mitea.com/ This one could be been done with one background but my site needs a vertical fade for the center content, and a horizontal fade for the sides.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2 backgrounds, vertical fade for the center content, horizontal fade for the side

You can apply the horizontal fade background-image to the body declaration in your stylesheet, and the vertical fade to the #mainWrapper declaration. #mainWrapper needs a fixed width for this to work correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2 backgrounds, vertical fade for the center content, horizontal fade for the side

Thanks for your reply, but at the moment my #mainWrapper doesnt go down to the bottom of the page, it only goes down as far as there is content. I need the vertical fade to continue down below the footer, all the way to the bottom of the screen.

Plugin Contributions

You can add to #mainWrapper

min-height: 1200px;

or whatever will serve you.
    This will not work in IE6, but it should cover you in modern browsers.

Plugin Contributions

The problem is now that there is lots of unused scrollable space. Sorry to be pedantic!

Plugin Contributions

For starters, make the min-height as small as you can while achieving your layout goal.

A link to your site would make it easier to give good advice.

Plugin Contributions

Im working on the site locally so im afraid i cant show it to you.

Any minimum height I set to the #mainWrapper needs to be conservative for people with smaller monitors. This means that there is always going to be space underneight, especially on larger monitors.

When im working on a normal html site and I want 2 background images I put a div within a div. I know code wise this is 'messy' but as it doesn't really affect loading times or accessibility ive always been happy to do it. Is there a way of doing this with zen cart? Could I add another div in the PHP?

Plugin Contributions

You certainly can do this. In many locations there is already a "xxWrapper" div; you can add another one if needed in tpl_main_page.php.

Plugin Contributions

Could I do this for the background? the background isn't in a div, is it?
    james

Plugin Contributions

It depends on which background you are talking about. The body can have a background without a div, but #mainWrapper and everything inside it is a div (with a few exceptions). Any HTML element can have a background.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast