Plugin Contributions

Default Changing Create Account Form

I need to change the Account Creation form by adding Company Address and Phone information to the form. I've already figured out that I'll need to modify the ..includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_modules_create_account.php file. Can anyone tell me what other files will need to be modified? Also, will I need to add additional fields to existing database tables? If so, which table will these fields need to be added to.

Thanks in advance for your help
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing Create Account Form

Quote Originally Posted by jballotti View Post
    I need to change the Account Creation form by adding Company Address and Phone information to the form. I've already figured out that I'll need to modify the ..includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_modules_create_account.php file. Can anyone tell me what other files will need to be modified? Also, will I need to add additional fields to existing database tables? If so, which table will these fields need to be added to.
    Through experimentation, I've been able to prove that ..includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_modules_create_account.php is indeed the file to modify to add information to the Create Account form. I've been successfully able to add text to the form.

It has also become obvious that in order to support adding additional fields to this form additional field need to be added to the Address Book table in the database. Fields will also probably need to be added to the Customers table as well.
    Could someone verify this for me and let me know if any other tables need to be modified to support additional fields for Customer registration.

Also, I need to know what other files need to be modified to support additional fields in the registration form.

Thanks
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jballotti View Post
    Through experimentation, I've been able to prove that ..includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_modules_create_account.php is indeed the file to modify to add information to the Create Account form. I've been successfully able to add text to the form.

It has also become obvious that in order to support adding additional fields to this form additional field need to be added to the Address Book table in the database. Fields will also probably need to be added to the Customers table as well.
    Could someone verify this for me and let me know if any other tables need to be modified to support additional fields for Customer registration.

Also, I need to know what other files need to be modified to support additional fields in the registration form.

Thanks
    I'm beginning to wonder if I should post this question in a different forum????
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

I don't think you're in the wrong forum, but rather it's such a complicated task you're undertaking that many people here aren't able to help. You found the right file to add extra fields to and you're correct that the database needs touching. The Wiki is always useful when trying to understand the database. You might also take a look at includes/modules/create_account.php, as well as the files in includes/modules/pages/create_account. You'll also need to modify some of the admin files in order to pull the data from the db and display it. Maybe use this mod as a guide:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=587

Plugin Contributions

A far easier approach would be to collect any extra data as attributes on one of the product pages but I assume you've already considered that.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Steven300 View Post
    I don't think you're in the wrong forum, but rather it's such a complicated task you're undertaking that many people here aren't able to help. You found the right file to add extra fields to and you're correct that the database needs touching. The Wiki is always useful when trying to understand the database. You might also take a look at includes/modules/create_account.php, as well as the files in includes/modules/pages/create_account. You'll also need to modify some of the admin files in order to pull the data from the db and display it. Maybe use this mod as a guide:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=587
    Thank you much!!!!
    I'll check out the wiki and the module you recommended.
    I'm sure this isn't any more complicated than other things I've done.
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

A far easier approach would be to collect any extra data as attributes on one of the product pages but I assume you've already considered that.
    That really wouldn't accomplish what I'm trying to do. But, thanks for the thought.
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

I did this by creating attributes and bringing additional checkbox fields into the create_account page. They showed up fine but I did not understand how to link /write the data to the customers record. Any suggestions?