Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need XAMPP Help! Zen Cart Manual - Installing on local machine

I am currently following the Zen Cart Manual word for word and am now stuck at the Zen Cart Installation section on page 46.

I have made sure I have used all software mentioned in the manual so its definitely not a version issue.

XAMPP is running fine etc.

I downloaded the files so that they are in the htdocs folder and renamed the folder store.

I open the web browser and type www.example/store as shown in the book and don't get any errors but I don't get the Welcome Screen to Zen Cart Installer either, I simply get the index of / store page instead.

Up until now I have had the same problems as everyone else using the manual so have found all the answers on this forum but no one seems to have had this problem.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Thanks
    Christina

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need XAMPP Help! Zen Cart Manual - Installing on local machine

Thanks for letting me know you have solved the problem.

The cause of the problem you have identified is due to the local anti-virus software quarantining one of the files in XAMPP during download as it wrongly mistook the file as containing a trojan.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help with this.

I'm still having a problem accessing the www.example.com/store/admin

It's taking me to 'Index of/ store / admin

I had problems transferring the files across and think it may be a file missing.

Any suggestions!

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Need XAMPP Help! Zen Cart Manual - Installing on local machine

I'm now unable to access www.example.com/store/admin

I am taken to index /of/store/admin and when I click any of the links i get the following error message.

ERROR: Admin configure.php not found. Suggest running install? Click here for installation
    Warning: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\store\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 74

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\store\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 74

Does this make any sense to anyone!

Plugin Contributions

I also get the following error

Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESauto_loaders/config.core.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\store\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'DIR_WS_INCLUDESauto_loaders/config.core.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\store\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 128

Warning: dir(DIR_WS_INCLUDESauto_loaders) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Invalid argument in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\store\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 129

Warning: main(DIR_FS_CATALOGincludes/autoload_func.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\store\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 149

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_FS_CATALOGincludes/autoload_func.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\store\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 149

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those messages are telling you that your /admin/includes/configure.php file is missing or unreadable.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well I've finally installed!

For some reason the file I downloaded was missing loads of files from the admin folder.

I downloaded he 1.3.7.1 full patched version again but when I checked the admin file there were still files missing.

The config file was there but contained no information at all.

I ended up downloading the original version copying the patch files across and then re-installed zencart!

Can't believe it's now working. Can't tell you how happy I am as I've been trying to sort this out for about 4 days now.

Hopefully this will help any other person that has had problem after problem like I have. I don't know what I would have done without this forum.

Thanks to all those who give their input.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

hi,

i am also lookin into installling zen cart on my computer but am unsuccessful as i hav limited internet access, it would really be useful to have it on the pc to work with.

i am using dreamweaver as the editor and xampp for the php and mysql,

can you teach me on how to config it? i have tried but it shows an error to connect on my web browser.

i have extract the zencart files under xampp's htdoc folder and zencart as the folder name.

what do i need to key in the dreamweaver to set up my local test server? i have tried everything so far for 6 motnhs but still unable to see anything

pls help

Plugin Contributions

If you want to set it up locally I suggest you buy the manual. You can pretty much get the answers for any problems you encounter from the forum. On top of this the author of the book can be emailed which helps in getting a more instant response.

Sorry I can't help with the dreamweaver side of things. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with this.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

so how to you edit by just using xampp?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast