Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Automatic Release

Hello All,

I've searched this forum and come up with some threads that mention what I want to do but do not give the actual solution. I'm finding the need to go in a release a gift certificate a bit tedious. I read one thread where it's stated that's there to prevent fraud but I'm not extremely concerned about that. I'm more concerned that a customer will pay for a gift certificate at some time when I'm not monitoring the site, and will be angry that they can't immediately send it to their friend/loved one because I haven't released it. I wear many hats in my organization and this is a task I just don't have time for.

Now all that being said... is it possible to have the gift certificate released as soon as the purchase is approved? Even better I wish I could find a way for them to put in the intended recipient email during purchase and have the whole thing happen with one big SHAZZAM!

Anyway, does anyone have any advice for me? Much appreciated.

Dara

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Automatic Release

To change the queuing status:

Admin->Modules-Order Total->Gift Certificates -> Edit
    Queue Purchases
    Do you want to queue purchases of the Gift Voucher?
    - true
    - false

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well don't I feel foolish! hahahaha Of course it's something simple. My searching skills must really suck!

Thanks so much.

Plugin Contributions

And since I have the brilliant Dr. Byte in here.... Is there a way to tie a gift certificate to a certain product so that it can only be used in it's full amount and for that particular item?

Plugin Contributions

And since I have the brilliant Dr. Byte in here.... Is there a way to tie a gift certificate to a certain product so that it can only be used in it's full amount and for that particular item?
    No, Gift Certificates are just like cash and can be used for anything.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Got it. I'll stop being ridiculous now! Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Discount Coupons ... on the other hand ... are not cash and can be tied to given product(s) and/or category(ies) for a given amount or percentage and can be set with an expiration date as well as a number of uses per customer and/or per coupon ...

Again the concepts are different ...

But sometimes the alternative method is handy to test out for various uses ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I had it set to not queue and found out that if a customer selects money order or check payment method, then it is made available immediately, so I had to revert back. It's not an issue if you don't take MO/check/cashiers check.

Plugin Contributions

Here is another scenario,

Someone swipes a stack of Credit cards, and then buys a bunch of gift certificates and sends em out for kicks.... ( I have seen it done )
    You auto release em....
    then people start cashing in on these gift certificates....

now the credit card companies come back on you,
    you are responsible for the charge backs and the lost merchandise....

seems like alot more hassle than having to due due dilligance and releasing them manually
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I hear what you're saying Merlin... but really somebody could do the same thing with any product. I don't see that the danger is any greater than selling with gift certificates. And how would I know that the purchases weren't real in the first place? The chance of fraud is always present with online shopping. That's why most credit cards come with fraud insurance. Kind of comes with the territory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast