Plugin Contributions

Default New Password not working in Customer Login

Hello,

I had a customer email me today saying she could not login with the new password sent to her after she used the "Forgot your password?" link. The new password reached her email inbox without a problem. However, when she tried to use this new password, she was given the error of "Sorry, there is no match for that email address and/or password."

This has happened to a handful of customers in the past. It was suggested somewhere in the depths of this forum that one could change the customer's email address in the database to one's own email address. Then, by using the "forgotten password" link, a new password would be sent to one's own email address. Finally, after verifying this new password works, change the email address back to the customer's. This has worked for me in past occasions, but not this time.

Are there any other suggestions that would not require installing a "master password" mod? The store runs on Zen Cart 1.3.7, PHP Version 4.4.1.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Password not working in Customer Login

Also, if this is at all related, I am using the split login layout for the login page. Trying to provide as much info as possible to help solve this problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Password not working in Customer Login

Back again. I think the problem has been solved, and hope that someone else may find this useful. This is a variation of sorts to the solution above.

1. Lookup customer account by name in the store admin.

2. Change the email address to one you can access.

3. In the store login, use the "Forgot Password?" link and the email address you can access. Now you have a copy of the new password.

4. Back in the store admin > Customer profile, change the email address back to the customer's preferred address.

5. In the store login, test the new password by logging in, using the customer's address and new password that had been sent to your email address.

6. Throw up arms in victory (even if a bit uncertain) because for some reason this worked and the above approach did not.

If anyone can provide an explanation, that would be great. Thanks!