Quote Originally Posted by edadk View Post
If a customer redeems a gift certificate during the checkout process, I'd like ZenCart to assume that the customer intends to actually use the gift certificate right now.

I would like it to default to using the maximum amount of the gift certificate balance possible/required, with an option to change that or not use it for this purchase.

Examples.
1. A buyer is purchasing $20 worth of goods and redeems a $25 gift certificate during the checkout process. The default action should be that the gift certificate balance covers the entire purchase amount without the buyer having to specify, but the buyer can change that if they wish.

2. A buyer is purchasing $100 worth of goods and redeems a $25 gift certificate during the checkout process. The default action should be that the gift certificate balance reduces the balance due on the order and the customer pays for the rest of the order using usual payment methods available.

Using v1.39h
Exactly...I am using 1.39 and the same thing happens: customers go to use a gift cert code and end up not knowing that they need to apply the amount to the total. They end up not using the gift certificate and mad at us for not taking their amount off the total of the invoice! It should automatically subtract the total amount as applicable and reflect this on the order confirmation.