Currently my site is at HostGator, but now I need to make a local copy so I can test out some major changes to my site.

I loaded xampp 1.8.1 onto my local Windows 7 machine, and then installed Zen Cart v1.5.0 which is also the version on my livesite. I then followed the instructions in the FAQ Zen Cart Support - I want to move my Zen Cart installation to another host or a different server.

Right before I import my live store database into the new database I’ve created on my local machine I’m able to access my store, log in to my admin, and access phpmyAdmin. Everything seems good.

My problem comes in when I import the database and run the Fix_Cache_Key utility. I place the fix_cache_key.php file in the directory xampp/htdocs/store and then open Internet Explorer and enter the url www.mydomain.com/store/fix_cache_key.php but all I get is the error “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”. In Chrome I get “The requested URL /store/fix_cache_key.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.” In Firefox I get “Content Encoding Error. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.”

I then tried to access my admin page and my store, but those attempts were unsuccessful with the same error messages from the browsers. I can access the xampp and phpadmin pages though.

As a newbie to php and sql, I’m not sure what information I need to provide to shed light on my exact problem, so I’m just going to mention some random things that I hope are important…

My live site runs on a linux server running Apache 2.2.22, MySQL 5.5.23-55, and PHP 5.2.17. The XAMPP package I loaded on my Windows 7 64 bit machine includes Apache 2.4.3, MySQL 5.5.27 and PHP 5.4.7.

My live site has the following add-ons loaded:
Ceon Advanced Shipper 5.0.2
Crafty Syntax 2.14.6
Ceon URI mapping SEO 3.6.3
CKEditor 3.6
CSS horizontal drop down menu 1.5
Facebook sidebox 1.0
Twitter updates sidebox 1
Ultimate cross sell 1.0

The livesite uses two databases, the main database which also includes the tables for Ceon Advanced Shipper, and a second database for the Crafty Syntax addon. When setting up the local Zen Cart installation, I created one database for the main database, and I only imported the main database into the newly created local database.

In the configure.php files for the live and local sites the database prefix is set to zen_.

The name, username and password of the main database on my livesite is different from the newly created database on my local machine, but I’m fairly sure that shouldn’t affect anything.

The live site has a dedicated SSL certificate but the local site doesn’t.

I've gone through the install process 3 times now trying to identify a step I've missed and I've searched the forums when i was unsure about a step, but I think I've done everything correctly. Obviously not. Whatever help you can give me is greatly appreciated!