In the next couple of days I will be submitting my latest plugin Category Specific Access Restriction (CSAR)

This plugin has the official version number 2.0, reason being that I have previously released a mod with a similar name for ZC version 1.3.9h. That particular mod was unsatisfactory as it did not address sideboxes and centre columns. It also could not restrict products by manufacturers.

Although related to this plugin the original mod and this new plugin are NOT compatible in any way, hence this new support thread and a new version number.

This plugin allows you to

1. hide prices of selected categories if the customer is not logged in. The prices of these categories are hidden and the 'Buy Now' button is replaced with 'Login for price'
  2. specify selected categories which can only be accessed by privileged customers, for example paid-up members. The customer must be logged in AND the customer must be individually authorized by the store owner to access the selected category / categories. Just being logged in does not automatically grant access to these 'privileged' categories. The authorization of individual customers is done via the Admin > Customers file.
  3. specify manufacturers whose products are hidden and are only accessible by customers with special 'privileges'. This can be useful if the manufacturer imposes such a restriction upon online stores or if the range of their products is of sensitive nature.

These categories and manufacturers can be configured via admin and the configuration is stored in the database.

The chosen configuration is reflected in the centreboxes 'New Products For (month)' , 'Specials' and 'Featured Products' and their corresponding sideboxes.

The 'Bestsellers' sidebox is disabled unless a 'privileged' customer is logged in. At this stage the 'Bestsellers' sidebox can not be configured in any other way (I am working on this.....).

In addition 'All Products' also reflects the chosen configuration.

The whole store continues to work as normal, customers can browse, see prices, add products to the cart and check out - with the exception of the specified categories and/or manufacturers.

This mod has been tested to work with Zen Cart v1.5.1 but *may* work with prior versions - use at your own peril, better though: upgrade your store to ZC v1.5.1

A generic simple demo site is available here

I will let you know when the new plugin has been approved by the team and is ready for download. A direct download link will be posted here.

Frank