I am an ecommerce site that sells discount designer brand perfume. The people that come to sites like mine are interested in price, bottle size, availability, new products, and that sort of thing. They’re not looking to read 1,000 words of content regarding the designer’s background or the history of fragrance.

If the goal is to be considered an authority, what would constitute an authority for the sale of perfume? I don’t see anything authoritative on any ecommerce discount perfume site I have visited, that enjoys a good Google ranking. We all basically provide the same service and have competitive pricing. My store looks more boutique like than others and my About page and other content is of a more personal one-on-one nature than other stores which have a more corporate look. That is how I chose to stand out from the crowd.

Currently, I am working on resizing all of my images to make the page load quicker. Right now, I am just non-existent on Google and I’d like some guidance on how I should proceed. I’m not in a financial position to hire anyone for SEO or even to place advertising of any kind.

I’d appreciate any insight.

Designer perfume snob dot com

Thank you~