I posted a while back trying to decide whether to upgrade from 1.39D to 1.5X or to start over from scratch with the current download and just update the database.

I have decided to go with the former (to see how it goes, and if it doesn't go to well, may just try upgrading the current version of 1.39d).

However, I am utterly confused! (i know it is me, I have not done this in years, I cannot afford to hire someone to do this for me, so it is completely up to me, and the Ukranian spammers are registering everyday and so I am just a bit overwhelmed and apologize in advance for this nuttery of mine).

Onwards:

I started reading this article: How do I rebuild my site on the new version, instead of upgrading?
https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading

It keeps mentioning the word upgrade, which is not want I want. I guess what is being explained here is that a rebuild is a form of an upgrade? I am sure it is just me (well I know it is me) I am confused of what instructions to follow. The article says it contains 3 sections:
1. What an upgrade is, and what it is not.
2. An overview of how to rebuild a site using the new version, instead of upgrading.
3. How to upgrade while keeping the store live, and not losing any sales/customer/product data.

So while I read the entire article, the part that pulls me is #2, which is what I want, to rebuild my site using version 1.5X. Now, when I go to that section, there are not really any step by step instructions. Am I missing them somewhere? Or is there something in the bigger picture I am missing?

I just need to get my little website updated in the fastest and easiest way that I can. Thank you very much.

crochetgarden (dot) com
Currently I have Version 1.39d
Mods: PayPal payment module added
Plugin: Monthly Sales (thats it)

Database server

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: MySQL
Server connection: SSL is not being used Documentation
Server version: 5.6.41 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Protocol version: 10
User: ----
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Web server

cpsrvd 11.76.0.21
Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73
PHP extension: mysqliDocumentation curlDocumentation mbstringDocumentation
PHP version: 7.2.7

phpMyAdmin

Version information: 4.8.3