Quote Originally Posted by Lordzoabar View Post
Perfect. That has fixed all of my issues that I've had crop up (so far at least). Aside from that minor issue with the add variations page, I think we are go for launch. After I finish uploading the remaining 30 frames, along with their 5-6 variants each. You got a method to automate THAT? lol

I DID take a look at the bit in the SBA wiki about showing the variant stock on the product info page, but I'm guessing that bit is a bit out of date as I couldn't find the lines referenced in either the attributes.php or the main_template_vars_attributes.php, but that is more a "nice to have" than a "need to have". and can wait for now.
Sba itself has gone through various variants. The current version supported here is last based off of the work done by Potteryhouse which was focused on single option name type product, but it allowed focusing on the central needs and ways to integrate with Zen Cart. As discussion and need branched into multiple option names, other tools and options made available through the forum site were used to get to this point. I believe there is still some changes necessary to the database structure, but have been trying to move some of the code outwards so that those changes can be made with ease when the time comes. Anyways, there are some things that may make integration/use "easier" but there is a cost to that as well as things such as the standard admin product page continue to be so heavily revised. Let's say that this pet project can only support so much new development at once... I have additional tools already built in (non-stock attributes) that don't really have a good, no almost no interface of their presence. Yet, they have the potential to support so much. I've even come to nearly realize that such "non-stock" attributes themselves almost could be a stock traceable option of their own, but that interface is yet to be considered.

Anyways, it really depends on your attribute combinations/needs as to how to carry them forwards or assign them.

If you don't need to put a customid or description immediately, you can use the dropdown(s) when adding stock to apply variations to the product. For single option name product (I call this single attributes), the dropdown can be used to apply all option values. For multiple option names (multi-attributes) you can create them either as mixed option values or where each option name's option value is individual. Just select the option to be applied for each option name. Note that generally speaking if say there are 5 option names (number used to minimize confusion of the following), having 3 option names combined in a variant and the other 2 option names combined in its own variant will not work (without some further logic/decision priorities). It's basically either all 5 combined or all 5 individual. There is though still the case of having non-stock attributes which deviates from the above "partial list" a little.

Anyways, you can quickly populate variants using the above, also you can copy attributes from one product to another to include the variants as part of the copy and can do the same when copying product.

So that's a few ways to expedite variant entry.