Quote Originally Posted by gohealth View Post
Hi, I'm looking at my options here for this type of functionality. I note the age of this post (2006), as well as the latest updates to SbA add-on being in 2014. Has this functionality been integrated into Zen Cart 1.5.6c? If not, is there a road-map as to what version (noting ZC 1.5.7 is just around the corner?).

appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Chris
Ummmm... Great that looking wayyyyyyyyy back at posts on this thread... Wondering, have any of the more recent posts been reviewed (excluding the last 3 posts as there are plenty of others before that which were successful)? At least to identify the operability with ZC 1.5.6c?

I can't speak to ZC team incorporating with core code, but I am seeing that there are ever more possible ways to incorporate it without touching core files... In fact with ZC 1.5.7 it will be possible to incorporate without any modifications (or overrides) to includes/modules/attributes.php.

As to a "flaw" in the database structure? I agree, though it does seem like it is becoming "easier" to be able to transition to a more appropriate database structure because the code is becoming more "compartmentalized". There are two "major" portions to address/overcome. The customer front end display of the attribute selections (needs to be more javascript related and less "hard-coded") and then the admin facility actually needs more information displayed to better understand what variations exist.