[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here.
And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

ZC version 1.5.5E
PHP version 5.6, but tested also with 7.4

My site, /petrutech.com/ uses 6 languages.
It looks to me that it works in all languages, but haven't tested it with a VPN.
At the beginning of May, I had a DDoS attack (or any attack that I don't know). For 3 days, I had exactly 2000 visitors from all the countries in the world, within a few hours. Up to then I had up to 80 - 100 visitors per day (including some bots).
I got an ACL - not very accurate, and blocked 3 continents and many countries in .htaccess file. I blocked them for about 2.5 weeks.
Then, I deleted the blocked list. The "attack" stopped, but from then, I there are maximum 25 visitors per day.
They come from different countries, mostly from U.S.
I checked the home page, and found that .hreflang. doesn't appear there (or any other page).
I am attaching a print screen of international targeting in search console:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maximal hreflang.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	19605

My questions are:
1. Can the hreflang just disappear?
2. Could this attack cause it disappearing?
3. How the site works in 6 languages without hreflang?
4. Do I need in this site hreflang?
5. If I need it, can someone guide me how to fix it?

The dates of dropping in visitors visits is about the date of the attack. From the 1st - 2nd page in Google, I am now on page 8, for about one month.

The only changes were denying IPs, then deleting the entire list from .htaccess.

Please, help me, if you may have any idea!
Thanks in advance!