Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
@dbltoe, I can't explain why that site's having those issues. I

- Installed an as-shipped zc158a with no demo data.
- Configured the store in United States/Florida, tax basis Store/Store, display prices with tax.
- Changed the default "Taxable Goods" rate to be 10% (easier calculations)
- Added a $100.00 product, using the default "Taxable Goods"
- Removed all but the Flat shipping module, which is configured with Tax Basis = Store and Tax Class = "Taxable Goods"

Created an account at the store, added the product to my cart.
- Shopping-cart page shows $110.00
- Checkout payment shows: Sub-Total ($110.00), Flat Rate ($5.50), FL TAX 10% ($10.50), Total ($115.50), using either a Florida or California-based shipping address.
Is this perhaps a typo?
Even if the tax is on the $100 product versus the Sub-Total of $110, and not charged on shipping, shouldn't that tax show as $10 versus $10.50.
And, if the tax is taxing both the $100 product and the $5.50 shipping, shouldn't the tax should show $10.55.

Regardless, the only difference between your settings and the site's settings are the tax zone/rate and product price which should only affect the final total not the amounts shown on the shopping cart or in OPC.

I have compared the DB with a standard install and found nothing that should affect the sales tax.

I do note that the site is no longer displaying the price with tax as selected in the admin.

Looking further.