Designed specifically for our store, I thought it might be of use to others so I released it as a contrib. However, I'm not sure how useful it will be.

In our case, we often have to put together custom packages for customers... basically, that means we make a 'product' just for them and send them a link. Unfortunately, that means that custom product is visible to the public. This contrib addresses that.

You can declare specific folders to be 'hidden'. There are two levels of hidden:

1) Hidden from menus: This setting only hides the folder from the main categories sidebox and the main index categories listing. It will still show up elsewhere, including searches. We don't use this - I just conceived it might be useful so I added it. I guess if you have an "others" category but you don't want to show it on the menu for asthetic reasons.

2) Fully hidden: This setting hides it from the two places above, but also from the "all products", "new products", "featured products" links as well as the search function and the bestsellers sidebox. *NOTE* That is all! There may be other places that it shows up that we don't use!!!

In either case, you can still directly link to the product and it can still go through checkout as normal.

Enjoy if its any use to you!

Here's a link to the download: link

- Steven