Ok. I am not exactly an idiot, but I have never seen such a mess. Got zc installed no problem with the demo stuff and I have my usual look around.

First, I thought the demo items would make things easier to understand. Just the opposite. Why 125 items?? Why not just a few? How can a new user keep track of what is going on? The store is a mess out of the box. So I thought it would be easier to just get rid of the sample stuff and just start adding my own products and see how things flow

So I browse around the forums and the FAQs, learn out to get that Congrats! message out of there, add a category and a product. Simple, yes? Well, not really. I create a category with a description, looks ok. I then create a product with a description and an image -- Basic online store stuff. What do I see? The category description is missing and in its place is the product description.

OK, so I tell myself I am missing some basic knowledge of the store logic. I read some more. The more I read the more disgusted I feel about what I thought would be a great product.

I shouldn't have to read volumes of posts, FAQS and articles to get basic info that should be somewhat deducible by the admin layout. I should be able to bang out some categories and products, even change basic store layout such as 2 col or 3 col without much reading and effort.

Are there any add-ons that make it easier to build the darn store without having to know every feature of zc and how those features co-exist? Sheesh