Hi. I checked the first 10 pages or so of this forum but couldn't find anything too similar to my problem. My client is a leather manufacturer and when someone orders a product their CC is auth'd and the product is manufactured. Sometimes it can take 10 weeks to finish the product and send it to the customer - we capture the funds upon shipment.

According to what my client was told by mastercard, any pre-authorization on a card, can only exist for a maximum of 30 days. So we have customers whose pre-auth's have expired and we have to call them up and go over their CC details again, which nobody seems to appreciate (funny, hmm)

Am I the only person who has had this problem? If not, what was done to capture the funds after the 30-day CC pre-authorization expiration?

I could capture at time of transaction but then ppl are paying for something they may not receive for 10 weeks.

The customer would like me to hack Zen so the CC #'s show up in admin and they can charge them after the fact. If I do that it will be with a signed waiver releasing me from any actions associated with such procedures. Anyway, thot I'd ask! Your input is welcome!