Plugin Contributions

help question Need help with Config suggestions

Hello

Ok - tonight I changed the primary domain name on my hosting account and website from printedbusiness.com to clipart2sell.com.

Now - I need suggestions/help with changing the configuration/coding for my website to make sure all is working and pointing in the right direction.

First - I changed the domain name only. Printedbusiness.com was already up and running for about a year. I didn't want to remove the coding nor the website and template I worked on. So, I wanted to change the name of my website and domain name only - I am going to change the products to new products here shortly.

So, I know I had to change the config file and I did that. I also have an SSL certificate installed on the site too.

But, I was wondering - I can't think of any other files I should be changing to have my new domain name.

Has anyone done this before and do you have any suggestions? Does anyone know of any other files I should be changing? I haven't logged into my admin area yet and I will do that soon. I know I have change the company name and whatnot in the admin area - but I can't think of any other files I need to change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

thank you....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with Config suggestions

Mr.
    Yes, you are on the right track... There are actually 2 configure.php files you will change..

1. admin/ includes/ configure.php
    2. includes/ configure.php
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with Config suggestions

I have done this a couple of times and found the best thing to do is perform a sitewide search through your local files for your old domain name, and make sure that all references are updated to your new domain name. All the files which show up may also make you aware of any other changes that you may need to make to affected files.

I found that a lot of things such as image links, including those to SSL related paths were broken otherwise.

Don't forget to back up though before making lots of changes!