Plugin Contributions

help question Show Me A Form You Have On Your EZ-Page or Product Page!

Hello,

If you have a form on your ez page or product description page, can you post the form code so I can see how you made it work?

If you can do a simple form that I can put in a product page or ez page and submit it I'd really appreciate it very much.

I'm having problems with a form I put on an ez page and I tried it on the product description area and the forms won't submit. My php code gets all stripped away.

I need help badly on this and I've looked and looked so much, but I haven't found a single page that is a "How-To" for adding "dynamic" data to ez-pages and description pages.

Once I know how to get forms and dynamic data to work on those pages, I'll make a "how-to" and post it here. Since I've already turned my php pages into the shopping cart, it's too late to turn back, not unless I simply use zen cart as the back end and build front store pages with the data I want to show like I did with Dreamweaver and osCommerce.

Someone must have a working form on their product or ez pages. If so, please post a link and explain what you did to make it work. I really need to know how to do this.

Thanks for your valued time.

Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Show Me A Form You Have On Your EZ-Page or Product Page!

Try having a look at the Quick Order mod up in the Free Software Add Ons. I think it uses an EZ page, and it's a form.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    Try having a look at the Quick Order mod up in the Free Software Add Ons. I think it uses an EZ page, and it's a form.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. It's definitely a good lead.

Btw..that donut looks good right about now. I'm hungry too.

Kevin

Plugin Contributions

I used the built-in processing power of attributes to make application forms that collect various text inputs, choices and file uploads, all in a "product" that is "purchased" (NY Faerie Festival site, Artists/Vendors). If you can deal with this method, you can get any imaginable form data.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    Oh yeah... I must have been using the wrong search keywords. I should have seen that thread. Oh well.. I believe once I follow that post thread, along with the mod suggestion, I'm sure I'll get it working the way I need it.

My goal is to get it at least working the way I need it, then I'll do examples and post it for other to see. It's ironic that that thread seems to be exactly what will fix my issue, even though I haven't read the whole thing yet.... but you and Rob just me smile like I'm a little child. Here is something for those replies to you and Rob

LOL.. I kept saying "That's impossible.. I know php can run inside of php pages". I can at least get it to work on php pages.

This is information that I value. I download this kind of info to my hard drive in case there is no Internet. I'm getting better at mysql and php but I'm not as good as I have the passion for it.

I'm a one-man operation right now and I love to learn more about databases, php, mysql and other content management on web sites.

Now I'm off to those links.... Thanks

Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    I used the built-in processing power of attributes to make application forms that collect various text inputs, choices and file uploads, all in a "product" that is "purchased" (NY Faerie Festival site, Artists/Vendors). If you can deal with this method, you can get any imaginable form data.
    Do you have any samples you can show me? At this point, I'd love to see a form on Zen Cart description/ez pages.

I also did manage to use "Firebug" on my Firefox and I captured the code for the search form and put it in a ez page and it worked perfectly. Now i have to figure out how to do my own form and make it work.

At least I feel like I'm making progress. Thanks for the reply.

Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Sample: (NY Faerie Festival site, Artists/Vendors > Artist/Vendor Application).

There is one catch to forms in admin-editable pages (define pages or ez-pages): if you try to use a textarea in your form, you can enter it once in the admin, but if you try to open it again, it will damage the admin page as well as your custom code. Textarea code pasted into a textarea input will self-destruct. That was the big problem when I first tried creating my application in an ez-page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Sample: (NY Faerie Festival site, Artists/Vendors > Artist/Vendor Application).

There is one catch to forms in admin-editable pages (define pages or ez-pages): if you try to use a textarea in your form, you can enter it once in the admin, but if you try to open it again, it will damage the admin page as well as your custom code. Textarea code pasted into a textarea input will self-destruct. That was the big problem when I first tried creating my application in an ez-page.
    The form that I'm needing to use will only have an input field for the zip code the customer put in. It's my YRC shipping quote form. I got it working exactly as it should on a php page by itself, but taking the form content and pasting it in zen cart has been challenging to say the least.

Glad you informed me of that though. I'm really anxious to work this out. If I sued Firebug to make the search form work on an ez page, I'm confident in myself to get a form to work as well.

Btw, I haven't tried the search form in the product description area yet.

This whole form thing has been aggravating to me for quite some time, but as time has gone by I'm getting a better perspective of how to approach the problem. At least I feel better now.

Kevin