Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal express - the ZC order is ok bat no PayPal transaction

There's no reason to set CURL Proxy Status to true anymore. At all. Ever.

The logs you showed contain only the 2nd of the 3 stages of an Express Checkout transaction. There should be 3 PayPal_CURL_EC-xxxxxxx.log files for each transaction, and between 3 and 7 paypalwpp_Paypal_Action_EC-xxxxx.log files to go along with them. What you submitted simply confirms that the customer logged in to the PayPal side and was returned to your store and send to the checkout_shipping page.

I'll need to see the rest of the log files.

Additionally, since you're saying that the transaction shows as completed in your store, but doesn't show up in PayPal, it sounds like you're maybe looking at the wrong PayPal account. Either way, you should probably log a ticket with PayPal to ask *them* where the transaction ended up: www.paypal.com/mts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Attached new fresh 4 log files.
    I double check the paypal account, it is the right one.
    Already i post a ticket to paypal and they made some checkups, the answer i got from them is:
    It appears the shopping cart may be submitting the email prior to completing an Express Checkout payment. I have reviewed the website and confirmed the payment method is directing payments to your PayPal account. You may also confirm this as your shopping cart most likely sent two additional emails for me (email [email protected]) testing the checkout however I never attempted to complete the payment. I was also able to verify this further as the email mentioned in the receipt has not made a PayPal payment with the amount provided. If you would like for me to review this further, please provide an email that was provided when attempting to make payment and I will contact you with additional information.

Hope that helps
    best wishes,
    Joe
    Last edited by DrByte; 7 Apr 2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: removed attachment for privacy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those logs show step 1: SetExpressCheckout, which grabs a token from PayPal to prepare for login, and then the customer is sent to the PayPal site.
    Your logs also show step 2: GetExpressCheckoutDetails, which sends data back from PayPal to your store such as the customer's shipping address, which gets matched up with their account on your store, and then sends them to the checkout_shipping page where they can select shipping options and proceed with the rest of checkout.

Your logs don't show evidence of beginning or completing step 3, DoExpressCheckoutPayment, where the actual payment request would be sent to PayPal for completion.

Are those the ONLY logs created while you tried that transaction? There should be several more.
    I'm having difficulty recreating your problem in any way using default code. If the customer actually completes payment using PayPal, there's no reason for the logs to not be generated, and no reason for the payment to not show up on the PayPal side.

It would be good to give PayPal more information so they can trace the rest of the transaction process and tell you what's going wrong.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

As far as i can see, only 4 logs was created.
    I can PM you the FTP access or any other access you need to help to solve this issue.

I don't exactly know what to send to PayPal to help them understanding this ordeal

Joe

Plugin Contributions

Hi Doc.
    I got respond from PayPal support:
    "After reviewing the logs compared with what we have on file the customer was able to login to their PayPal account and authorize the order however we never received the DoExpressCheckoutPayment request. Does your logs show this being submitted, this is required in order to charge the customer."

So you and PayPal support say's the same.

I checked again, I get only 4 logs when making the transaction.

Where is the glitch?

Joe

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Very very bizarre.
    At least PayPal is confirming the same thing as the store is recording.

But I'm uncertain how the order was completed without making payment.

Are you able to replicate the problem on your own consistently? ie: it *always* does this? Or is it an intermittent problem?
    Are your customers experiencing the same thing consistently?
    Do you *know* these customers? Or might they be rogue people trying to steal something by doing something bad during checkout?

Also, and this is a big question, how is *your* site different from mine, which is a brand new clean uncustomized fresh install of v1.3.9h. I need to set up my site exactly like yours to try to recreate the problem. http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Plugin Contributions

Hi Doc,
    It happens every time i use the paypal express button, i did it 10 times with same results. Also, every customer that use it, same results: order is made and confirmed at ZC and nothing happens at PayPal.

It was 1.3.9f, i upgrade to h after you recommendation:
    I took the file list from g upgrade and f upgrade and replace them. This is all i done, is there any other action i need to take to make the upgrade?

As i mentioned, I can give you the FTP access, admin access or any other access you need to check this thing out.

The other "clue" is that the host is Godady...

Best wishes,
    Joe

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Oh geeze, another GoDaddy victim?

Plugin Contributions

I need to know if GD is the problem or there are another solutions then to change host

joe

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's unlikely that GD is the source of your specific current problem. But changing hosts to a more reliable service is always a good idea.

I don't want FTP access to your server, but if you want to zip up the contents of your /includes folder and your /index.php and /ipn_main_handler.php files and PM me with a link to where I can download the zip file, I'll take a look at the files. I suspect I won't find anything you didn't already find since the first thing I'll do with it is this: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast