Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1165
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter-Only Subscriptions for v1.3x

Code:
    Zen Cart automatically adds the unsubscribe link to "html" newsletters regardless whether you use this mod or not

Text only emails are the problem.
    Zen adds an unsubscribe link, but it requires the user to login.
    Again regardless if you use this mod or not.
    Thanks for confirming this. However, I've tried again, both in html and text-only, and the link isn't there. I use the latest ZC. Do you know what could cause this?

Plugin Contributions

thanks gilby.

I just figured it out. I can't find the admin->customers->Subscription Manager because i have install user access control module. That's why i can't see it in the customer menu.

I have enable it and able to intall it.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,
    This is my first time posting a question here. Sorry it's the question has already been addressed before in this thread but I wasn't able to go through >100 pages in this thread to find my answer.

I've followed the installation instructions & everything seems to work well, except that I couldn't find the Newsletter sign-up box/form at the header or sidebox. Is there any error made or omission by me?

Thanking in advance for your help & guidance

Plugin Contributions

I've followed the installation instructions & everything seems to work well, except that I couldn't find the Newsletter sign-up box/form at the header or sidebox. Is there any error made or omission by me?
    1) I think that you have to physically click the install button for the subscription manager mod via admin->customers->subscription manager before it is activated.

2) Next, under admin->configuration->layout settings you must check out the item labeled "Show Newsletter-only subscription field in header?" and make sure it is set appropriately to determine whether the sub mgr is located in the header or as a sidebox.

3) If it's set as a sidebox in #2, did you try to turn on the sidebox in admin->tools->layout boxes controller? You should have a sidebox something like sideboxes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/subscribe.php" which needs to be turned on with the appropriate settings.

HTH.

Jason

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Jason so much for your guidance... didn't expect a response so soon I'm ok with Step 1 & 2 below but couldn't find the subscribe.php in the Layout Boxes Controller... what would possibly have gone wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by lindenboy View Post
    1) I think that you have to physically click the install button for the subscription manager mod via admin->customers->subscription manager before it is activated.

2) Next, under admin->configuration->layout settings you must check out the item labeled "Show Newsletter-only subscription field in header?" and make sure it is set appropriately to determine whether the sub mgr is located in the header or as a sidebox.

3) If it's set as a sidebox in #2, did you try to turn on the sidebox in admin->tools->layout boxes controller? You should have a sidebox something like sideboxes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/subscribe.php" which needs to be turned on with the appropriate settings.

HTH.

Jason

Plugin Contributions

When you copied the add-on files to your server are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that you found EVERY instance of YOUR_TEMPLATE and change it appropriately to the actual template name?

I say this for 2 reasons: 1) This appears to be the reason behind many add-ons not working upon installation and 2) Because there are SEVERAL locations within the subscribe add-on files structure which require you to change the default template folder name (YOUR_TEMPLATE) to your actual template name. One in particular that I just looked at is buried in "includes/templates." This happens to be where the sidebox contents are location. Without this path being correct, the admin console wouldn't know you added a sidebox.

When you finished installation and pulled up the layout boxes controller, were you greeted with a message at the top that said something like "new sideboxes found?" If not, you definitely did not copy over the correct file structure.

As a newb myself, I can confidently stress that making sure the file and folder structure is correct is the #1 priority when installing add-ons; I have about 10 under my belt to date, all of which work flawlessly. #2 by the way is simply following the instructions to a T.

HTH.

Jason

Plugin Contributions

i installed all the files but i have the follow error message.

ERROR: The email template file for (/home/muytruch/public_html/email/so/email_template_) or (/home/muytruch/public_html/email/so/email_template_subscribe.html) cannot be found.

any idea of how to fix it ?

Plugin Contributions

Hi I'm having the same problem as Integrity Designs on the page before... i just have no idea what i've done to cause this error message and re-uploading the files doesn't seem to be doing the trick so I imagine i'm putting something in the wrong place? If anyone's got any clues I'd greatly appreciate it...

Error when going to Admin>Tools>Send Email:

1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'locate'
    in:
    [SELECT s.email_address as customers_email_address FROM subscribers as s LEFT JOIN configuration as q on LOCATE( s.email_address, q.configuration_value) >= 1 WHERE configuration_key = 'NEWSONLY_SUBSCRIPTION_TEST_GROUP' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CheekyCockney View Post
    Hi I'm having the same problem as Integrity Designs on the page before... i just have no idea what i've done to cause this error message and re-uploading the files doesn't seem to be doing the trick so I imagine i'm putting something in the wrong place? If anyone's got any clues I'd greatly appreciate it...

Error when going to Admin>Tools>Send Email:

1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'locate'
    in:
    [SELECT s.email_address as customers_email_address FROM subscribers as s LEFT JOIN configuration as q on LOCATE( s.email_address, q.configuration_value) >= 1 WHERE configuration_key = 'NEWSONLY_SUBSCRIPTION_TEST_GROUP' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    Small update: After some more searching I have ventured into phpMyAdmin and checked out the collation settings. In 'subscribers', the collation for email_address, email_format & confirmed are all set to 'latin1_swedish_ci' which i'm lead to beleive is correct.(?) But every other collation setting in my database is set to 'latin1_general_ci'. I imagine this could cause an 'illegal mix' as the error suggests?

Hopefully this helps, I have absolutely no idea what I just said.

Plugin Contributions

Me again. I was brave and changed the 3 swedish collation settings to general... and it now seems to work. Which is good news, but I'd still like someone to let me know what I did wrong... and actually how I fixed it if anyone has a clue!

Thanks