Thread: Page=2 issue

Plugin Contributions

Default Page=2 issue

Using 1.39h

I am experiencing a problem which I cant find the answer to... Will try to explain...

My shop has maybe 20 primary categories... each has maybe 10-20 secondary ctegories... Each secondary category has products from 1 to 120 ish... irelevant the qty...

When you go into secondary category, you see 10 products down the page with the URL elding with 'sort=20a&page=1'.. then 'sort=20a&page=2'..... Then... 'sort=20a&page=3' etc etc...

My site works just fine, except, 4 or 5 secondary categories, page 1 displays OK, page 2 gives a 500 server error.. page 3 onwards to last page works fine too..

I cant understand why I am having this issue with page=2 but not a problem in all categories that have multiple pages of products..

Hope that explains it..!! I am flumoxed..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page=2 issue

Your URL?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have fixed this issue...

I turned off all the products on page 2... page 2 now works... so.. turned them all back on one-by-one until it stpped working... Found a single product, that was actually on all the failing pages (was actually on page 5 in one category)...

Rather than delete that product, I changed a few line items in the config of that product and saved it so that the database would be re-written to... I switched that product back on and it now appears back on page 2 and does not make the page containing that product fall over...

I did not expect that. I did not expect that a product would fail the page completely. I expected a product would fail the page in the middle of the page building itself.. It seems that the page is building in background and then displays it all when ready...

Anyways, load off my mind, cheers G

Plugin Contributions

As an extra addon ....

I created the shop in a different dev domain, then transferred it to the live domain... Not a lot changed since then, just over 1 week go.. Certainly, nothing changed on the dev domain.. I went there and checked it and the problem never existed there.. So somehow, it happened after copying the database and files to the live domain :)