Plugin Contributions

Default Using advanced_search_result

I have a custom filter sidebox that somebody did for me, however it uses the 'search_results' page and I would like it to use the advanced_search_results' page now and not sure how to do... any ideas?

So I guess basically - how does one invoke the 'advanced_search_results' page?
    Thank you,
    autoace

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using advanced_search_result

There is no "search_results" page, as in main_page=search_results. There's only main_page=advanced_search_result.
    So, either whoever did your custom search created a whole new page for it, or you're already using advanced_search_result anyway, just like the normal search sidebox does when displaying the results it finds.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    There is no "search_results" page, as in main_page=search_results. There's only main_page=advanced_search_result.
    So, either whoever did your custom search created a whole new page for it, or you're already using advanced_search_result anyway, just like the normal search sidebox does when displaying the results it finds.
    Yes, Dr Byte, I believe you are correct. The person who did it must have created a whole new page for it, because it does appear as main_page=search_results. How can I change it to go back to default zc behavior and have it go to main_page=advanced_search_result?
    Thank you,
    autoace

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I suppose you could look in the code for his reference to "search_result" and change it to "advanced_search_result". Who knows whether that will "just work" though. Your programmer would have to answer that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.