Plugin Contributions

help question How do I allow specific USPS International shipping options for certain items?

I'm using v1.3.9h and have been for a while now.

This is the store - http://www.kenrichsounds.com/shop

I finally managed to get our USPS Shipping Module working today and I have one last big issue to make this module do what I need it to.

Currently it brings up every shipping issue for the weight of the item on International orders. I can select that certain shipping options don't display at all but what I really need is for certain shipping options to not show up for certain items, when they are too big for some options, such as International Priority Envelope or International Priority Small Flat Rate box.

How can I make it bring up just the shipping options relevant to that products size?

There is nothing I can find in the module or anywhere in ZenCart which enables me to stipulate the size of an item for shipping purposes.

The size of items vary greatly in size, and furthermore the size and weight often don't move proportionally, i.e. I have large items (requiring an 18" x 18" x "15 box) which weight less than smaller items which are in a 18" x 5" x 4" box.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've searched and searched for thread on this and though I've found many similar issues I can't seem to find something specific to my issue.

I'm not a php genius so I NEED HELP!

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I allow specific USPS International shipping options for certain items?

This USPS module has been working well for us. It took a bit of work to get the product volumes configured so that certain product combinations invokes the appropriate filters. It also contains the coding for the USPS O-1096L (Large video box) which ships International for the same price as the Small Flat Rate.

We use the filtering by volume option

USPS Shipping Module Update - RateV4 - IntlRateV2

Here's a link to the support thread for the module
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I allow specific USPS International shipping options for certain items?

Thanks for the information RixStix.

Just to clarify, I believe you're saying I should uninstall my USPS shipping module and use the update "RateV4 - IntlRateV2", following the instructions on that link you've provided.

I'll try it out and see how I go and will post here regarding my results.

Any other ideas or advice I'm still all ears.

Thank-you so much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's it. The instructions should outline what you need to do in order to implement the volume filtering. All the flat rate box volumes are embedded within the code. If you're using your own boxing, there may be issues. Marco has been good about answering questions in the support thread.

We have our product volumes tweaked so that the smaller package size selections are removed from the list when the total volume is exceeded.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com