Plugin Contributions

Default Data Feed Store - I don't want people buying from my site ... just from my affiliates

I want to use Zen Cart and an affiliate Data feed and make an affiliate store. I don't want them to buy from my site. I simply want them to click on the buy or add to cart button and that button has my affiliate link in it taking them to the merchant's site. I know that's unusual, but I love Zen cart and use the EZ populate module on other sites. If anyone has any clues about this I would appreciate it.

Carrie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Data Feed Store - I don't want people buying from my site ... just my affiliates

I also am looking to integrate an XML data feed into ZC. have a bunch of manuals from the provider (RealGames) and at present don't know enough to ask any specific questions but if anyone has any advice on this (do's and dont's, other resources) it would be extremely helpful.

cheers
    andrejs

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Data Feed Store - I don't want people buying from my site ... just from my affili

When you want to add a new product to your site, next to the "New Product" button is a drop down. Select "Document - General" before clicking "New Product". This allows you to create a page which doesn't have a add to cart button or price, etc. You can then create the affiliate product and create your own buy now button or link.

Here's an example of one of those pages on my site: Vitamix Blender

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Data Feed Store - I don't want people buying from my site ... just from my affili

Madmouse, good suggestion, hadnt thought of using the document-general to do something like that, it's only really useful for ones and twos though.

I think the easier way to do it would be to import product feeds from an XML file or some Google Affiliate Network way through their product feeds for bulk import. Every CMS seems to support exporting your product feeds as XML but why is so hard to do it the other way around and import a product XML feed? Strange, still looking for a solution to this one too...

Affiliate Niche Script imports Amazon and eBay product categories into its DB very fast so if it can do it, there must be a way in Zencart!

Plugin Contributions

There are, of course, ways to configure importing into a ZC store from a XML feed file. It requires the writing of a few PHP files that find the feed file, parse the xml data into an upload format, then write the data into the database.

Trouble is... there is no "one-size-fits all" here, because there are as many feed types as there are people using them.

The feed processor PHP files you need will have to be built to suite the format and nature of the data being fed.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Hi Schoolboy, thanks for the reply, i know what you mean in terms of different data feeds using different fieldnames and having to rename them to match up with the fieldnames zencart uses, i'd imagine this would need to be done no matter what route we take so thats not a problem, doesn't sound too tough renaming a few fieldnames.

Would the Zencart Affiliate Feeds mod suit a setup like this?

Plugin Contributions

The description of Zencart Affiliate Feeds says they support the following but not Clickbank which is what i want to use it for:

ShareASale
    Affiliate Window
    ABW Datafeed Standard
    Commission Junction
    LinkShare
    MyCoupons
    LinkConnector
    2Checkout Product Import
    eBay
    clixGalore
    Advanced XML Export

Plugin Contributions

where did you find this mod (Zencart Affiliate Feeds )
    when I search, I get nothing

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    The description of Zencart Affiliate Feeds says they support the following but not Clickbank which is what i want to use it for:

ShareASale
    Affiliate Window
    ABW Datafeed Standard
    Commission Junction
    LinkShare
    MyCoupons
    LinkConnector
    2Checkout Product Import
    eBay
    clixGalore
    Advanced XML Export