Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Notes Advanced

Thank you swguy. Just tried your suggestion on my dummy site but I got the same error message: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    "I shoot an arrow into the air, where it lands I do not care: I get my arrows wholesale!” Curly Howard

Plugin Contributions

There are two TYPE=MyISAM; instances in that file - did you change both?

Break the file down and run a command at a time and see where you fail.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    There are two TYPE=MyISAM; instances in that file - did you change both?

Break the file down and run a command at a time and see where you fail.
    Thank you. It installed when I changed the second file
    "I shoot an arrow into the air, where it lands I do not care: I get my arrows wholesale!” Curly Howard

Plugin Contributions

The package for 1.5.0 doesn't include: notes_menu_add.sql, and notes.sql. they are required by readme file. Even 1.3.x does not seem to have these 2 sql files.

But there's only one sql, which is notes_install.sql, which is not mentioned anywhere in the mod instruction.

anyway, After installing i tried to insert notes to products. But when the product is seen from admin, there's nothing to tell a note was attached to this.

Can this mod ask to enter note when new product is created, and show the note when it is called inside admin? Can it ask to enter note as default wherever an existing product is called from admin ? Notes related with manufacturer of it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zenartman View Post
    The package for 1.5.0 doesn't include: notes_menu_add.sql, and notes.sql. they are required by readme file. Even 1.3.x does not seem to have these 2 sql files.

But there's only one sql, which is notes_install.sql, which is not mentioned anywhere in the mod instruction.
    The readme apparently should be corrected. It should say notes_install.sql where it says notes.sql. And notes_menu_add.sql was only needed for an in between version, so this can be ignored and should be removed from the readme.

anyway, After installing i tried to insert notes to products. But when the product is seen from admin, there's nothing to tell a note was attached to this.
    That's strange. The note should be shown through the Zen Cart notifier at the top of the page. Does the Zen Cart notification system work? (Does it show the Zen Cart error messages and such?)

Can this mod ask to enter note when new product is created.
    Not sure if it works the way you would like, but if the buttons are installed these could be used in that way I guess.

Plugin Contributions

(Xampp local install)

While installing this I found the admin page registration function would not execute, with no error messages or info from the server logs.

After a lot of time trying things out I found the reason was the opening php tags:
    it has <? instead of <?php and no closing tag at all (which I don't think is necessary...?)
    After putting <?php it worked.

I'm currently making quite a few minor changes to this, mainly for formatting and multi-language...so if anyone has any done other modifications that could be included in an update, let me know.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    (Xampp local install)
    I'm currently making quite a few minor changes to this, mainly for formatting and multi-language...so if anyone has any done other modifications that could be included in an update, let me know.
    It's been a while since you posted this, but do you still have an update planned? I currently don't have the time to work on the mod myself, but I would surely be interested in your improvements!

Plugin Contributions

I currently don't have the time to work on the mod myself,
    Same here, at the time I went further than just improvements/changes and into customisation to suit what we want and how I thought it should work.
    Its too much time for me now to separate/document those changes and submit it as a simple upgrade from the previous version.
    I can supply the fileset for comparision if you like, pm me with your email.
    Steve
    Last edited by torvista; 17 Jun 2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Okay since there's no upgrade SQL I am wondering how to add these two lines from the notes_install.sql file from 1.02
    Code:
    admin_id int(11) default NULL,  
    notes_is_public int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
    Those are the only two lines not in current installation that needs to be added to the database.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Paulm, anyone else subscribed, if you have any useful/stable updates for this mod I've got the resources to publish an update and maintain it. Please contact me asap.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast