Plugin Contributions

red flag Moved to new server. Getting error messages.

Our website was set up by a local guy who used DirectAdmin to host our site and he controlled the cpanel, but he was hard to get ahold of and wouldnt answer our questions or fix things we needed fixed on the site. So we switched to Hostgator, but during the transfer, we lost the Zen Cart admin page, so I cant access my listings or anything on the site!
    I contacted Hostgator and was told that there is an error on a line or file on the cpanel. I wouldnt know where to begin to edit or fix this line (line 70 - /public_html/management/includes/autoload_func.php). They recomended removing Zen Cart then reinstalling it and migrating the files back, but I have no idea how to do that.
    Is there some kind of default line of script(?) that I can set that to? I tried to go to the cpanel in DirectAdmin, but it no longer exiats even tho I didnt cancel our old account anywhere and I get no response from DirectAdmin's technical support. Im at my wit's end, I have to be able to access my admin to do anything with our site Any suggestions?? Anyone?? Please please please!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot Access Admin Page - It No Longer Exists :( Please Help

This is the correct procedure for moving from one server to another: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

Sounds like files are missing from your server, probably because they didn't get transferred correctly. This is not uncommon since sometimes FTP programs will timeout when uploading large amounts of files, and some don't display the failures in a way that lets you easily retry the files that failed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hostgator transfered everything for us. Is there anything I can do at this point?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you can get them to verify all the files and make sure any missing files are fixed.

Or you can do it yourself:
    - take the original set of files from the old server (download them all using FTP)
    - take a copy of the files that are now on the new server (download them all using FTP)
    - run a comparison on them -- a tool like Winmerge will very quickly show you all differences in file content and which files are missing/extra on either side.
    ie: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I would have tried that before, but I cant access the old cpanel and I dont have copies of the original files. I cant get ahold of the original guy we used before we switched to hostgator, no surprise there, thats one of th reasons we switched in the first place

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, if you don't have a copy of your site's files as a backup you keep for yourself (something to consider for future), then the next best choice is a copy of the original uncustomized Zen Cart files. Download link is available on the home page of www.zen-cart.com
    That can be your substitute for the old server's files. Rename the /admin/ folder from that set to match the name of your admin folder in your live site. From your earlier post it looks like you called it /management/
    Then run the compare between that and the copy of your new server's files (which you're going to first download from your new server for this purpose, and for future backup purposes).