Zen Cart Logo
Forums / Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules / total cost increases after Confirm Order

total cost increases after Confirm Order

Views: 969

Results 1 to 9 of 9
14 Nov 2012, 3:15 AM
#1
familynow avatar

familynow

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
Near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts:
321
Plugin Contributions:
0

total cost increases after Confirm Order

Hi.

For some reason unknown to me, PayPal is adding to the total after ZC hands off the transaction. I'm using express checkout in the config. Doesn't make a difference if I choose express or with an account.

To reproduce simply add anything to your cart and confirm the order. Once at Paypal compare totals.

My other ZC site is setup the same way and doesn't do this so I must be missing something I just can't see what...

http://littleclosetDOTca

Thanks in advance!

14 Nov 2012, 3:28 AM
#2
rodg avatar

rodg

Deceased

Join Date:
Jan 2007
Location:
Australia
Posts:
6,263
Plugin Contributions:
4

Re: total cost increases after Confirm Order

The most likely causes for this are related to either your Tax settings, or your currency settings. Compare both with your working site.

Cheers
Rod

14 Nov 2012, 3:32 AM
#3
familynow avatar

familynow

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
Near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts:
321
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: total cost increases after Confirm Order

did that already. It's easy to see the currency so I know that's right. The taxes are complex since I'm in Canada but I tested the site before launching and didn't notice this. It could be that I simply didn't notice but I doubt it.

If it were to be the taxes wouldn't I see it at checkout? the taxes are fine in ZC. It's once I click the confirm button and get to paypal that the total increases

14 Nov 2012, 5:13 AM
#4
rodg avatar

rodg

Deceased

Join Date:
Jan 2007
Location:
Australia
Posts:
6,263
Plugin Contributions:
4

Re: total cost increases after Confirm Order

familynow:

If it were to be the taxes wouldn't I see it at checkout?

This would depend on your configuration settings.

familynow:

the taxes are fine in ZC. It's once I click the confirm button and get to paypal that the total increases

Just to ensure we're both on the same page, Let's assume a product;
value $100.00
Tax $10.00
Total sent to PayPal; $110
Amount @PayPal; over $110 (how much over? It may be a clue)

If we can figure out the pattern, we'll probably be able to explain the cause.

Cheers
Rod

ps. When found, we are both going to be slapping ourselves on the head for not thinking of it sooner. ;)

14 Nov 2012, 12:08 PM
#5
familynow avatar

familynow

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
Near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts:
321
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: total cost increases after Confirm Order

RodG:

This would depend on your configuration settings.

Just to ensure we're both on the same page, Let's assume a product;
value $100.00
Tax $10.00
Total sent to PayPal; $110
Amount @PayPal; over $110 (how much over? It may be a clue)

If we can figure out the pattern, we'll probably be able to explain the cause.

Yes. And I've tried to find a pattern but can't(until present)
9.00Sub-Total:
$5.00Flat Rate (Best Way):
$1.42Taxable Goods HST + GST on Shipping:
$15.42

continue->confirm

Paypal
Your order summary

Descriptions
Current purchase
$17.03
Item total $17.03
Total $17.03 CAD

It's not increased by the amount of tax or shipping so it must be something else. I checked to see if paypal is trying to add any sort of shipping or tax of it's own and it doesn't appear to be the case(those settings were left blank in "my business setup")

14 Nov 2012, 2:29 PM
#6
familynow avatar

familynow

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
Near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts:
321
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: total cost increases after Confirm Order

Additionally, my other ZC site is using the same paypal account and config and the total is not being changed after checkout. So contrarily to what I originally suspected, it may not be paypal at the source of this problem.

Where might I find the settings in the admin that deal with adding monies after the confirm button is pressed?

14 Nov 2012, 3:21 PM
#7
familynow avatar

familynow

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
Near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts:
321
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: total cost increases after Confirm Order

I double checked my shipping module and there's only one which is the one I want ie flat rate. So it's not that.

...I really need to get to the bottom of this.

14 Nov 2012, 3:24 PM
#8
familynow avatar

familynow

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
Near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts:
321
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: total cost increases after Confirm Order

ggrrrrr. I don't think there's an emoticon that can show how red my face is right now. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed or frustrated?! the CAD currency was set to 1.14 on auto! AND it wasn't the default.

15 Nov 2012, 8:00 AM
#9
rodg avatar

rodg

Deceased

Join Date:
Jan 2007
Location:
Australia
Posts:
6,263
Plugin Contributions:
4

Re: total cost increases after Confirm Order

familynow:

the CAD currency was set to 1.14 on auto! AND it wasn't the default.

Thanks for that. The currency conversion did cross my mind again, but according to xe.com, the USA/CAD exchange rate is almost 1/1.

familynow:

I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed or frustrated?.
See http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?202095-total-cost-increases-after-Confirm-Order&p=1163772#post1163772 &
http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?202095-total-cost-increases-after-Confirm-Order&p=1163791#post1163791

Cheers
Rod :)