Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Micropayments and Credit Cards

I believe Micropayments has always required a second paypal account in order to use it.

So you can keep using your main account for your higher-priced purchases, and use your micropayments account for lower-priced purchases.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte Happy New Year!

This script does not work (was on the phone with paypal for 3 hours today)

with the micropaymets credential file in, the following error is returned after hitting pay now in paypal and returning back to zen

Cart Error Says:
    An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (10409 You're not authorized to access this info.)

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...oap_errorcodes
    You’re not authorized to access this info.
    Express Checkout token was issued for a merchant account other than yours.

It seems like it could be API confusion?

Paypal Integration is always willing to help out on this, but it looks like the issue is in the script.

My set up is...
    Paypal Express Checkout (without the PayFlow option enabled) (wouldn't work with it enabled either)
    Paypal Website Payments Pro (for accepting credit cards)

In testing, we tried just using the payflow payment plugin along side of website payments standard - IPN as well. No go. We tested so much, but it all came back to... when that micropayments file is in the extra configures folder, I get errors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The script simply uses the alternate set of credentials when the micropayments limit applies.
    Has PayPal confirmed that they're receiving all the correct credentials when that error appears? Or are they getting a mixed set, such as perhaps the wrong username?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ksoup View Post
    Hi Dr Byte Happy New Year!

This script does not work (was on the phone with paypal for 3 hours today)

with the micropaymets credential file in, the following error is returned after hitting pay now in paypal and returning back to zen

Cart Error Says:
    An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (10409 You're not authorized to access this info.)

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...oap_errorcodes
    You’re not authorized to access this info.
    Express Checkout token was issued for a merchant account other than yours.

It seems like it could be API confusion?

Paypal Integration is always willing to help out on this, but it looks like the issue is in the script.

My set up is...
    Paypal Express Checkout (without the PayFlow option enabled) (wouldn't work with it enabled either)
    Paypal Website Payments Pro (for accepting credit cards)

In testing, we tried just using the payflow payment plugin along side of website payments standard - IPN as well. No go. We tested so much, but it all came back to... when that micropayments file is in the extra configures folder, I get errors.

The script is not working. We tested it without the plugin and it worked fine, and when we add the module it didn’t work. We understand that the script is using the alternate set, however when passed through paypal servers it is not recognizing the secure token id required to validate the entire transaction. That’s why the message is returning from our servers as such.

It doesn’t work with Payflow or by itself. Have you been able to test it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I already read your prior post. No need to quote it back again.

You haven't said whether PayPal is actually receiving the correct credentials. The error message sounds VERY much like it's getting the wrong combination of credentials, such as a MIX of micro and non-micro creds ... and of course that would be a problem. Only PayPal can tell you what exactly they're receiving on their end.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know how that got there... I posted what the tech from PayPal said. He was on the phone with me for three hours about 1.5 weeks ago. This was what he said when I let him know your response to my post.

The script is not working. We tested it without the plugin and it worked fine, and when we add the module it didn’t work. We understand that the script is using the alternate set, however when passed through paypal servers it is not recognizing the secure token id required to validate the entire transaction. That’s why the message is returning from our servers as such.

Plugin Contributions

Further to that, we checked all credentials. I quoted to him exactly what I was entering in the payment module as well as what I put in the credentials file.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ksoup View Post
    Further to that, we checked all credentials. I quoted to him exactly what I was entering in the payment module as well as what I put in the credentials file.
    Right, and that's an important step.
    But it's also potentially different from the credentials received on the other end.

What puzzles me is that the same code has worked great for various people who have used it since those posts you quoted from January 2010. Not sure why you're having troubles with it "now".

That said, your prior post indicates that PayPal thinks the "secure token" is wrong, and may not be a problem with the credentials part of it.
    Now, that makes it even more puzzling since the secure token is generated by PayPal AFTER the credentials are sent. So, *why* it's suddenly different or invalid is the next problem that needs to be solved.

Have you turned on Debug Logging in your EC module? If so, please try a transaction again and post the logs (zip and attach, or post a URL where the zip can be downloaded). See this post about logs: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Logging-PayPal I'll remove the attachment or URL from your post after I download the zip.

Plugin Contributions

We tested three different scenarios. Please let me know which is the one you want me to send you debugging on first.

We have two accounts with Paypal and confirm that both work when we enter the creds for either of them in our payment module. This has been properly tested. If you enter the creds for either, the money/transaction properly goes to the one that is currently entered.

(creds=credentials)

Creds Used for the following scenarios:
    paypal_micropayments_credentials.php uses our current micropayment account with PayPal
    Payment Modules are using the current standard tier creds from our PayPal standard pricing account
    (NO Extra spaces following any entry... check! Copied and pasted with care :) )

First Scenario... Enabled >> Paypal Express Checkout (without Payflow) + Paypal Website Payments Pro USA works properly
    Testing Results ..................... Put the micro creds php file in place --

Selecting the PayPal button (not credit card)
    Under $10 order - works fine... order goes to the micro payment account.
    Over $10 Order - step 2 of 4 - choose paypal > confirm the order > log into paypal and pay with balance > sent back to site to page 2 of 4 > confirm again > log into paypal and pay with balance hit ok > sent back to step 2 of 4.

Will send you debug logs.

Other Scenarios That I Did test with PayPal on Phone... Can Test again giving you whatever information would help.

Second Scenario... Enabled >> Paypal Express Checkout (with Payflow) + Paypal Website Payments Pro USA works properly
    Test Results ..................... Put the micro creds php file in place and .... will run testing again with debug and report further

Third Scenario... Enabled >> PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN (using the proper protocol for IPN) + Paypal Website Payments Pro USA works properly
    Test Results ..................... Put the micro creds php file in place and .... will run testing again with debug and report further

Fourth Scenario... Enabled >> PayPal Payflow Pro - Gateway + Paypal Website Payments Pro USA works properly

Plugin Contributions

I PMd you with a link to the log file zip. The transaction that was failing for me in the aforementioned testing should be the one with 440x in the filename.

Here is that error I saw when working with PayPal.

[L_ERRORCODE0] => 10409
    [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => You're not authorized to access this info.
    [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => Express Checkout token was issued for a merchant account other than yours.
    [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

Thank you for having a look, DrByte. I am not going to do the next round of testing until I hear from you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast