Plugin Contributions

help question Some Products Not Coming Up in Admin Search When Valid Product IDs Searched

I have v1.5.0 and when I search some ID numbers on the Admin side, the products don't come up, but the products with those number exist:

In the 1st screen shot below, I searched product ID 562. The results give me all the products that have '562' in the title or ID numbers, like 1562 or 4562, but not the one that is only 562.

I was able to pull up the product with ID 562 by going from Admin>Catalog>Catagories/Products> then going to the proper catagories and sub-catagories.

This seems to only be for ID numbers 553-560, 562-564. But with over 5,000 products currently listed, I ave not been able to check every single one. The 3rd and 4th screen shots so ID number 568, that does come up in the search properly.

All the ID numbers that do not come up in the Admin search results doshow up on the customer sidesearch. I have not recently made any changes to anything in the database or anywhere else.......Its so odd, any suggestions?

The site is https://flyingeaglecoin.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Search Error 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	12095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Search Error 2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	12096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Search Error 3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	12098  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Search Error 4.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	12099  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some Products Not Coming Up in Admin Search When Valid Product IDs Searched

Sounds like the data is corrupt, which can easily happen when using non-official ZC tools to manage your data.
    Have you used external tools to manipulate your database content? Or made direct changes in your database by hand?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some Products Not Coming Up in Admin Search When Valid Product IDs Searched

Not to the database, I havent made any manual changes to the database. Honestly, I dont know how.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you use some sort of mass-import tool to bring in data from some other source like a spreadsheet or another database etc?

What's the history on how all your products got into your store?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No, we have input every item into zencart manually

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you using "linked products" (where you've configured some products to show in multiple categories)?
    If not, then go to Admin->Tools->Store Manager and do a reset with "reset master categories ids".
    Then try the search again.

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: when you type in on the search 562 ... it is also pulling up the 562 from Model Number, Description, Product Name, etc. etc.

You could always customize the search so numeric searches only pull the products_id for that numeric value ... but that's specialized custom coding.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

We do have some products linked, but not the ones that arent coming up....and Ajeh, it does pull up every item that has the searched for digits in Model Number, Description, Product Name, etc. etc. We need to be able to search by model number as well as the ID number tho, so I dont think the special coding would help unless I could include product name and model with the ID number customization.

Plugin Contributions

in case this helps - a reason not a solution - we had the same thing too after upgrading to 1.5.0 and there was 1 product stuck in the "home" section but as it had categories & products the product was never shown - ever shown! even on a search nothing - but was live - I had to locate it via the specials dropdown and click edit product and then I was able to turn the product off and noticed it then that the master cat ID was an issue - I believe for me it was because we used to use ez populate but then upgraded and inbetween all of that 1 or 2 products got missed and lost master cats and then yes the searching just shows nothing

I do think the search looking for linking DB tables which is master cats is wrong won't then show it - not sure if you would want to change this anyway but I believe that is the problem :)

resetting master cat worked for me :) I was then able to find locate search and move the product into correct category :)

hope it solves your problem too :)