Page 108 of 363 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3624
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hareslade View Post
    Hi chadd
    I've got the ^ separator split now, ep4 imports category correctly, ......but the max length of the ep4 categories field is 32, can I manually make that field longer in the db without messing anything up?

And is there a limitation in your EP4 code otherwise, that limits that categories names total length to 32, before its split?
    thanks
    If you adjust the categories name length via phpMyAdmin and alter the length, EP4 will see that and adjust accordingly.

There is error catching code in EP4 in regards to category name lengths that will prevent a product from being created if a category name exceeds that supported by the database ... not having this would result in bad things

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hareslade View Post
    chadd and other !
    I am exporting from litecommerce cart, get the csv category string with / instead of ^.
    I've successfully modified the code around lines 685 of easypopulate_4_import.php
    as
    $categories_delimiter = "/"; // add this to configuration variables
    // get all defined categories
    foreach ($langcode as $key => $lang) {
    // iso-8859-1
    // $categories_names_array[$lang['id']] = explode($categories_delimiter,$items[$filelayout['v_categories_name_'.$lang['id']]]);
    // utf-8 ^
    //jph mod separator x2f is / in hex asc
    $categories_names_array[$lang['id']] = mb_split('\x2f',$items[$filelayout['v_categories_name_'.$lang['id']]]);

This imports fine now, categories work, now can have the zencart experience with Litecommerce v2.1 data. Hope this helps someone else with an old litecommerce setup, because import into X-cart [their modern version] is a limited option. btw haven't imported more than one product at a time yet into zencart, but I don't foresee any probs. THansk so much for this EP4 version!
    I see you looked at this closely enough to use the hex code for "/" ... as you can see in the code, I had/have plans to make this configurable,
    but not easy to ask "new" users for the hex code

Plugin Contributions

Hi, please tell me why I have no option to install EP in my admin!!

I don't even know which version of EP I have uploaded. It was at the top of http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=868 page and it says "This is an update to Langers version". I put the tempEP folder in the public html folder and maintained directory structure for the admin files. I also ran the install_sql script in admin. Why do I not see anything in admin please - neither in Tools nor Configuration. Therefore, I have no option to install EP.

help please!

Plugin Contributions

i forgot to say that my zencart version is 1.5

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bodkin77 View Post
    Hi, please tell me why I have no option to install EP in my admin!!

I don't even know which version of EP I have uploaded. It was at the top of http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=868 page and it says "This is an update to Langers version". I put the tempEP folder in the public html folder and maintained directory structure for the admin files. I also ran the install_sql script in admin. Why do I not see anything in admin please - neither in Tools nor Configuration. Therefore, I have no option to install EP.

help please!
    So if you had downloaded the plugin from the URL provided, then the applicable help forum is: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-2-5-4-support

That is a different version of Easy Populate than what is covered by this support forum. Assistance on installation of that product (Easy Populate 1.2.5.4) should be directed there.

The version applicable to this forum has not yet been posted to Zen-Cart as it is still relatively a beta (test) product though is planning to post an updated version to Zen-Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I just installed this and have it up and running, but I downloaded a file so that I could make sure I've added certain attributes to certain items. I noticed that the attribute default order is different than what I set it to in Admin. Can someone explain why or how this works? I have 100s of charms, and I group them by type (sports, animals, food, etc...) I try to set each type to a specific number to making adding in new items easier. For example, my animals are 500, all animal charms are 500 so that they default into the same group but alphabetically. Hope that makes sense, but when I look at file, they are given a specific number not all the same one. Can I keep using the same number for uploading? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    Hello, I just installed this and have it up and running, but I downloaded a file so that I could make sure I've added certain attributes to certain items. I noticed that the attribute default order is different than what I set it to in Admin. Can someone explain why or how this works? I have 100s of charms, and I group them by type (sports, animals, food, etc...) I try to set each type to a specific number to making adding in new items easier. For example, my animals are 500, all animal charms are 500 so that they default into the same group but alphabetically. Hope that makes sense, but when I look at file, they are given a specific number not all the same one. Can I keep using the same number for uploading? Thanks!
    If you could give a little more information it would help to answer your question.
    Which type of file did you download (Basic product, detlailed product,, basic attribute, detailed attribute, etc.)?
    The unique number that you are talking about 500 for animal charms, in what field do you usually type that numberr? (Is it in the modelname, the sort order, etc...)?
    In the file you mentioned that there is a different number for each item, if you go to the top of the file for that column, what is the name at the top of the column? (Data field name)
    The sort order was mentioned, could you explain the concern more? Is the information listed in your file not sorted in the order desired, is the data not correct to allow sorting, etc?

Regarding this plugin, when downloading a file it provides what is in the database. It does not make new infromation in the downloaded file, so the numbers and other information seen already exists in your database that way. When uploading a new file, some new information is created just like it would be if the item(s) were entered from the admin panel.

Probably the one important part about using this tool for populating the database is that it requires a different model entry for each item otherwise the wrong item may get updated when uploading new information.

I think by answering the above questions more people will be able to help answer your questions. :)

Plugin Contributions

Aack! Some EP4 functionality seem to have pooped out on me!

Earlier today, I used it to upload a group of 10 prods to my site, worked like a charm. I subsequently uploaded "price breaks" for all of the same products, some data failed to go in.

When I originally uploaded the products (successfully), I had inserted a random price of 1. When I inserted the "price break" file, it appeared to go in correctly. My generic prices were all replaced with the correct price. And "v_products_discount_type" (2) appeared to go in because all of the products had the price break chart show up.

However, none of the price break data worked. The price break chart that shows up on the product page is blank.

I took a few shots of my admin page, cobbled them together into a single image so you can see all my settings and the reported result of my import. And I will attach the OpenOffice file so you can see it.

Please... can someone help me to get EP4 back on track?

Thanks,
    Mike

Name:  Screen-Shot-compiled.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  81.3 KB

+++++++++++
    I was unable to attach my OpenOffice file. I don't think it was my file format, so I guess that doesn't matter. But maybe it is my column headers?

Here they are:
    v_products_model v_status v_products_price v_products_discount_type v_products_discount_type_from v_discount_qty_1 v_discount_price_1 v_discount_qty_2 v_discount_price_2 v_discount_qty_3 v_discount_price_3

Plugin Contributions

I will answer those questions later because I have since tried to upload a file of products only to receive the "No model field in Record. This line was not imported." when, in fact, I have model numbers in there. I researched it on here, but what someone suggested about copying to a new file only the columns that have info, did not work for me...and most other postings are in regards to a different version of EP. I have followed everything to a T.... and tried multiple times but no luck. HELP!

Plugin Contributions

Bump!

Can somebody please take a look at my post above? If you pm me your paypal email, I'd love to buy you some coffee for helping me out!